Windows 10: WimMount question

Discus and support WimMount question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Forum, I have a folder called WimMount in my c drive. It seems to have an entire other windows in it? can someone please tell me what it is for?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davros, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Davros Win User

WimMount question

Hi Forum, I have a folder called WimMount in my c drive. It seems to have an entire other windows in it?
    can someone please tell me what it is for? Also, when I right click on the folder and click properties, it reports the size as 11.2GB but the size on disk says 38.4MB ??

Thanks in advance for your response.

:)

Davros, Apr 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Something Happened

Try searching setuplog for Wimmount. If setup cannot find wimmount you'll get the errors. Setuplog will tell you where setup tries to find wimmount. Copy wimmount to this location.

The SQM errors comes even when it works smoothtly. and they are there long before the wimmount error

Jan C. Andersen, Apr 19, 2016
  3. Jaxrtech Win User
    Installer closing at ~6% (wimmount?/0x80070003)

At least for me, I was able to find a pretty simple fix for this problem although I was upgrading from Windows 8.1 Update.

AFAIK, this should still fix the problem on Windows 7.

The issue:

It seems that for some strange reason the installer does not include `wimmount.sys` which is what it's trying to look for. So, it ends up trying to find it at the default location which clearly does not exist causing the installation
    to fail.

The fix:

So, clearly we need to properly get the installer the recognize `wimmount.sys` located somewhere. To do that all we need is to get it installed. To do so:

• Download the "Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit" from:

Download Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8.1 Update from Official Microsoft Download Center

(it says "for Windows 8.1 Update" but it says it can run on Windows 7 and other versions of Windows)
    • Run the installer (it may take a minute or two for the blue splash screen to go away)
    • "Specify Location"

Leave the default option selected which should be "Install the Windows..."

(FYI: the installer says it uses ~6GB, but we will select only what we need, that being ~50MB, so you aren't killing your internet bandwidth nor wasting time)

Click Next.

• "Join the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP)"

(You can just leave it set to No unless you feel otherwise WimMount question :p)

Click Next.

• "License Agreement"

Click Agree.

• "Select the features you want to install"

IMPORTANT: Deselect everything except "Deployment Tools"

(as said, this keeps you from downloading GBs of unnecessary stuff)

Click Install.
    • If you have UAC enabled, click Yes.
    • Wait for the install to complete...
    • Click Close.
    • Try running your Windows 10 install again. The installer should recognize where `wimmount.sys` and now be able to successfully install Windows 10.

So, let me know how it goes WimMount question :p

Cheers,

Jaxrtech, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

WimMount question

1. WimMount question - Similar Threads - WimMount question

2. So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?: So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-when-i-ask-a-question-here-wherewhenhow-do-i/92d5d748-eba4-4a25-95b8-ab2dea10ff0f
  3. So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?: So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-when-i-ask-a-question-here-wherewhenhow-do-i/92d5d748-eba4-4a25-95b8-ab2dea10ff0f
  4. So, when i ask a question here, where/when/how do i receive a response?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I get notified with a reply after posting question

How do I get notified with a reply after posting question: Am new to this site. How will I know when a reply is posted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-notified-with-a-reply-after-posting/8b63cb92-80a7-4b2b-89d3-eb4406becc16
  6. How do I get notified with a reply after posting question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get notified with a reply after posting question: Am new to this site. How will I know when a reply is posted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-notified-with-a-reply-after-posting/8b63cb92-80a7-4b2b-89d3-eb4406becc16
  7. I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?: How many caches do I need on my hard drive?Usage ScenarioDescriptionRecommended CacheEveryday TasksRoutine activities like web browsing, document editing, and light office work.16MB to 64MBMultitasking and Moderate WorkloadsEngaging in multitasking or handling moderately...
  8. I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?

I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?: How many caches do I need on my hard drive?Usage ScenarioDescriptionRecommended CacheEveryday TasksRoutine activities like web browsing, document editing, and light office work.16MB to 64MBMultitasking and Moderate WorkloadsEngaging in multitasking or handling moderately...
  9. I have a question can I used tiny 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question can I used tiny 11: I am want to use windows 11 features, can I use tiny 11 and can I make lite version of windows 11 and one more thing is there tinyqq has a copilot features??...
  10. I have a question can I used tiny 11

I have a question can I used tiny 11: I am want to use windows 11 features, can I use tiny 11 and can I make lite version of windows 11 and one more thing is there tinyqq has a copilot features??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wimmount-folder in c:-drive