Windows 10: Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

Discus and support Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to upgrade my network card this weekend to handle 1000Mbps speeds, and I went to Microcenter to pick up a new NIC, but none of them say if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KD8TZC, Nov 29, 2015.

1. KD8TZC Win User

Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

I wanted to upgrade my network card this weekend to handle 1000Mbps speeds, and I went to Microcenter to pick up a new NIC, but none of them say if they will work with Win 10 x64 or not. I picked up an Intel Pro/1000 GT NIC thinking that Intel is always in the game, but when I plugged it in and run the auto update utility, it can't find anything online. I checked Intel site and they say it is compatible with Win 10, but when you go to download a driver for it, none are found that support Win 10 (or Win 8).

Anyhow, has anyone found any NIC's that will work at 1000Mbps with W10?

Thanks,

John

:)

KD8TZC, Nov 29, 2015
  2. Bob.A.LOU Win User

Win10 laptop wifi slow after upgrade

after update my wifi download speed went from 50 MBPS to 4.78 MBPS

my upload speed is now faster then down load 5.58 MBPS upload speed

hp laptop I-7 intel Centrino wireless-n 1000

laptop wifi slow after update

tried to do restore to previous update which crashed computer

only way to get it to run caused removal of all application and software as win 10 was in a loop and would not start.

which forced reloading Win 10 from UBS stick which according to Microsoft would restore Win10 but all it did was reload Win 10.

After installing all the updates to Win10

wifi still ungodly slow less than 5 MBPS

no networking

no workgroups then show up but don;t work

missing network protocol errors that there are no solutions too

so now have an unusable laptop that does very little since no software has been reinstalled

Wifi pretty much unusable

No solution on how to fix a problem which I did not cause

Already have spent 16 plus hours trying to find a solution

Bob.A.LOU, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Network adapter not gigabit anymore after win10 update

Dear,

I'm using a Intel(R) Gigabit CT Dekstop Adapter, which used to work fine on win8.1, but after the update to win10 the speed is reduced tot 10,0 Mbps.

How do I switch it back to 1000 Mbps?

ChrisKoning007, Nov 29, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

Did the NIC card actually install and show up in Device Manager? The Intel site has some generic W10 drivers that should work with all their cards. see Webpacks Available for Intel® Ethernet Adapters

One small point - make sure you use the correct cable for 1Gbps speeds. The specification needs to be at least CAT.5E. The older CAT.5 cables will not support 1Gbps.

philc43, Nov 29, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    I bought a cheap and chearful realtek one a few months ago and its giving me gigabit speeds. It is also important to take into account the ethernet cable you are using.

That nic card you mentioned is designed to work at gigabit speeds. But there are a couple of other things you need to check. Firstly the cable connecting from your PC to your internet device. And secondly the internet device such as a router needs to have gigabit ethernet ports.

So in otherwords your path from the pc to the router all needs to support gigabit.

(lol philc your post appeared as I was typing this)

swarfega, Nov 29, 2015
  6. KD8TZC Win User
    Okay, so to answer your questions... it "sort of" installed. If I go into device manager, it says it is there, but when I drill into the Driver Details and look under events I see the following: "Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_107C&SUBSYS_13768086&REV_05\4&61d1bc4&0&3830 requires further installation"

Also, if I go to Network Connections, it is not listed there. Philc43, I tried that link yesterday, and again just now, and I get the same message "Cannot install drivers. No Intel Adapters are present in this computer"

Swarfega, What is the model number for the Realtek NIC that you have?

Thanks,

John

KD8TZC, Nov 29, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    You need to go to the cards options and select the 1000mbps speed.

I have this one.

swarfega, Nov 29, 2015
  8. KD8TZC Win User

Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

I'm sorry SWA, you lost me. Why do I need to go to the card options and select 1000... because it gave me that strange error?

KD8TZC, Nov 29, 2015
  9. linw Win User
    Win 10 is usually darn good at installing a driver that will work but as you have found, Intel gave up on this one after win 7. PCI usage isn't very common now.

But I wonder if it is possible to use the Lenovo win 10 dvr? Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software (Gigabit Ethernet Driver) for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad - Lenovo Support (US)

Can't do any harm to try.

But it looks like it is pushing the proverbial uphill to find PCI win 10 drivers. Doesn't your motherboard have PCIe sockets?

10. swarfega Win User
    Because Windows doesn't always set the card to the correct speed.

swarfega, Nov 29, 2015
  11. KD8TZC Win User
    I do believe that is for the onboard version of the LAN chip, but I can give it a try.

Yes, my card does have PCIe sockets... do you know of any besides the one that SWA mentioned above? I'd prefer to go with Intel, but any will do as long as it supports 1000Mbps.

No dice.... it still doesn't see the NIC.

KD8TZC, Nov 29, 2015
  12. swarfega Win User
    Yes TP-link do sell pci 1x cards. Search your favourite retailer site for one. Keywords are gigabit and pci-e 1x.

swarfega, Nov 30, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

I have a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, works great and fully supported on Win 10.

Ztruker, Nov 30, 2015
  14. KD8TZC Win User
    I ordered a RTL8111C from Realtek but it was non operational when it arrived. Where it plugs into the board it looks like two of the contacts are not there (or partially there) and it fit very sloppily into the PCIe socket. I'm sending it back today and requesting another to see if that will work. Quite disappointing.

I was looking at some TP link ones, but I have yet to find one that has drivers for W10. The ones I have seen only go up to W8 and the drivers haven't been updated since about 2013.

KD8TZC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC??

1. Win 10 1000 Mbps NIC?? - Similar Threads - 1000 Mbps NIC

2. Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,: this happens at random times. usually the mbps upload speed is around 10 or 11 but then suddenly it just turns to sub 1. im using windows 10 pro, i use cox wifi 5g. this is only a problem with my pc since any other device has higher upload speeds when this happens...
  3. Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,: this happens at random times. usually the mbps upload speed is around 10 or 11 but then suddenly it just turns to sub 1. im using windows 10 pro, i use cox wifi 5g. this is only a problem with my pc since any other device has higher upload speeds when this happens...
  4. Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Browsers max 10 Mbps on a 500 Mbps network showing 200 Mbps on different laptop

Browsers max 10 Mbps on a 500 Mbps network showing 200 Mbps on different laptop: My newer 16 GB RAM Dell laptop shows very slow speeds on all browsers except for Firefox 12 Mbps installed after seeing that the others were almost unresponsive. Download speeds are good and my other laptop shows wifi speeds of 100-200 Mbps on all browsers. 250 Mbps on the...
  6. Win 10 NIC General Tab not working

Win 10 NIC General Tab not working: I have a new Win 10 Pro computer which I use both on my company network and also out in the field. My company network has a DHCP server, however when I am out in the field I need to use a static IP address. On my previous Win 7 Pro computer, I would setup the general tab to...
  7. Mbps

Mbps: How do I find the Mbps for my particular system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mbps/716fe8c0-575f-4f02-a5c6-c61deb4057f9
  8. Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps: My recent upgrade to 100 Mbps (from 25 Mbps) is somehow ignored by my Windows 10 laptop. The Windows 7 had no problem accepting it. I had Linksys test my router; it works fine. The older Motorola modem from Spectrum seems to work ok. The first (customer friendly)...
  9. Benchmark NIC?

Benchmark NIC?: Hi, is there some way to consistently benchmark your NIC so one can try out different settings (offload etc) and see what works best? I am trying Psping, but it's very weird, if i have chrome opened it works faster then if it's not opened etc, which makes no sense....
  10. Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing

Tried to update NIC driver to Win 10 driver now all NICs are missing: I have an ASUS P9X79pro with Win 10 ultimate? that was upgraded from Win 8. I have a multi boot system with old versions like Win 7, Win 8, etc. I have been noticing that my Giga network will sometime reset from 1000 to 100 so decided to upgrade the drive to the Win 10,...