Windows 10: Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background

Discus and support Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So this issue has come up multiple times for years now, I still haven't found a definitive answer as to how to solve it regardless ill give all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryan Langlois, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background

So this issue has come up multiple times for years now, I still haven't found a definitive answer as to how to solve it regardless ill give all the background information I can.First this occurs both in windows 10 and windows 11 in windows 10 it has a blue background with the "locking..." text and with win 11 its a black backgroundsome background specific to me;Windows version: windows 10 home version 19044Specs: pc type: LaptopModel: Asus ROG Strix G731GW-DB74cpu: i7 9750H Stock no alterationsram: 32GB DDR4 @ 1300mhzgpu: intel UHD 630 / Nvidia RTX 2070monitor info: Built in 144hz Monitor

:)

Ryan Langlois, Jun 25, 2022
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. windows goes into hibernation and automatically starts

• After i install windows 10 creators update my Dell inspiron laptop begun to goes in to hibernation/sleep mode when plugged in. this doesn't happens when it goes from plugged in to battery.
    • Also my laptop automatically starts (even in middle of the nights) and stuck in lock screen. because of this issue when i try to use my laptop, battery is almost drowned. laptop automatically starts even its plugged in.
    Can you help me to resolve these issues.

Sulakkhana, Jun 25, 2022
  4. KevinAR Win User

Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background

Rotating dots on blue background instead of default lock screen

A week ago I switched on my PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics card) which had previously been working and on which I had made no changes. It went through the normal boot. There are 5 users and normally it gets to the default lock screen (beach from cave) which I hit enter to display the user list. But this time instead of the lock screen it displayed a blue screen with rotating dots. The dots sometimes made complete circles and sometimes started to make a circle get part way round then jump to the beginning. Mouse+keyboard was not responding. I could access the shared content from another PC. I had previously setup the PC to accept Remote Desktop connection. When I attempted Remote Desktop from my Windows phone my taskbar would load on my phone but the desktop would not and nothing responded. When I tried to access from my laptop it would not respond at all. I logged into safe mode and switched to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. This booted but took longer to get to the user list and didn't display the lock screen. Also the user list screen flickered blank and back on. I logged into a user. WIN+L triggered the user's lock screen, but never the default one. Edge displays a blank window but Chrome works correctly. I changed the default lock screen and tried with the ATI driver - same rotating dots. I have a spare nVidia card so I went back to safe mode, changed back to MS Basic Adapter, rebooted into normal mode, uninstalled the ATI software, shutdown, replaced the ATI card with a nVidia card, rebooted - but the same problem of rotating dots on blue background. I ran sfc /scannow which reported some corrupt files which it said it fixed but that didn't cure the problem. I ran chkdsk which found some problems which it fixed. I tried system restore but Windows 10 has never made a restore point! I never got round to making a repair disc. If I load with MS Basic Adapter then let Windows install the correct driver for ATI or nVidia card, the monitor changes to full resolution desktop but the taskbar doesn't appear and there are several black rectangles on the screen, niether mouse nor keyboard work, WIN+L causes the blue screen and rotating dots to appear. Anyone experienced the rotating dots? How did you fix them? All help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

KevinAR, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background

1. Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background - Similar Threads - Laptop goes hibernation

2. Win 11 PC goes into hibernate mode - annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC goes into hibernate mode - annoying: I have a new machine and overnight it goes from sleep mode to hibernate. I don't like it because I have to hit the power button in order to get it to fire up.I went into settings but it doesn't seem like there is a way to turn hibernation off. It seems that there is only a...
  3. Win 11 PC goes into hibernate mode - annoying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 PC goes into hibernate mode - annoying: I have a new machine and overnight it goes from sleep mode to hibernate. I don't like it because I have to hit the power button in order to get it to fire up.I went into settings but it doesn't seem like there is a way to turn hibernation off. It seems that there is only a...
  4. Laptop goes hibernation frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop goes hibernation frequently: When my laptop charged 100% if my charger is plugged in then laptop goes hibernate automatically. Provided i have set screen off after 5 minutes of inactivity....
  5. Laptop goes hibernation frequently

Laptop goes hibernation frequently: When my laptop charged 100% if my charger is plugged in then laptop goes hibernate automatically. Provided i have set screen off after 5 minutes of inactivity....
  6. Laptop goes hibernation frequently

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background: So this issue has come up multiple times for years now, I still haven't found a definitive answer as to how to solve it regardless ill give all the background information I can.First this occurs both in windows 10 and windows 11 in windows 10 it has a blue background with the...
  8. Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background

Win 10/11 Laptop goes into hibernation mode and displays "Locking..." with blue background: So this issue has come up multiple times for years now, I still haven't found a definitive answer as to how to solve it regardless ill give all the background information I can.First this occurs both in windows 10 and windows 11 in windows 10 it has a blue background with the...
  9. Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop randomly displays "Locking..." and screen goes black.: Happens often, every 30 minutes or so while gaming. All the power settings are set to never, and system integrity check didn't show anything. Virus scan didnt show anything either....
  10. PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

in Windows 10 Support
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock: I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.) Since I am at work I always lock the...