Windows 10: win 10 1803 BSOD

Discus and support win 10 1803 BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I haven’t had a BSOD in years and then finally yesterday evening I walked away from my laptop and came back and it was stuck at “Your PC has ran into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pstoric, Jul 27, 2018.

1. pstoric Win User

win 10 1803 BSOD

I haven’t had a BSOD in years and then finally yesterday evening I walked away from my laptop and came back and it was stuck at

“Your PC has ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info and then we’ll restart for you.”
    0% complete
    Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION”

I held down the power button to force it off and then it booted right up. I ran a chkdsk c: /f and an sfc /scannow which both found no issues. I checked the Samsung Magician software that showed my SSD is in good shape, made sure my Dell drivers were all updates which they were so I’m kind of stuck now.

Since the computer was running I decided let’s take a full backup using Macrium to one of my external drives. Within about 20 min it locked up 100% and BSOD again. Same error stuck at 0% on the blue screen. After holding down the power button and rebooting it fired up and worked on it for about 3 hours no problem. At lunchtime I decided let’s try another full backup. Same issue. Within 10 – 20 min is blue screened again. I booted it backup and tried another backup utility (Veeam agent free) and it blue screened once more. What’s strange is that there is no minidump created. If I left the blue screen to sit there it will stay at 0%. So seems like running a backup will trigger the crash but the first time it happened on its own while no backup was running.

Running win 10 1803 up-to-date with patches. Any ideas? The system is a Dell Latitude 7480

win 10 1803 BSOD [​IMG]

:)

pstoric, Jul 27, 2018

2. Following Win 10 Update (1803): Unable to print (Printer offline message).

Printer Samsung ML2950 Series.

I have followed all the suggestions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027397/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

None of them fix the problem.

The printer is working fine. Another WIN 10 computer on the network is able to print to the printer without issue.

Latest updates:

• WIN 10 1803

and

• Security Update for Adobe Flash for Win 10 1803 KB4338832

I uninstalled KB4338832 and the problem persists, so I presume that the problem is with the 1803 update (as that took around 2 hours to install, I'm reluctant to uninstall it to test it).

Gary Allman, Jul 27, 2018
  3. YoDaddy-O Win User
    Win 10 BSOD while using

Did upgrade to Win 10 over a month ago. This morning my Lenovo T410 laptop had the BSOD with Error=0xc000000f on it (it does backups overnight). I've run diags on the hardware (mem, motherboard bus, PCI bus and HDD) all PASS. Tried using my repair disk
    (built in Jan with Win7) and was unable to recover. I checked for bad sectors and found none. From CMD prompt I did DISKPART and LIST VOLUME and all volumes say HEALTHY but I see that my C: drive (primary partition) says it is RAW (instead of NTFS). My backup
    media is a network attached (NAS) disk and I used Cobian 11 Backup. Not sure what my next step would be. Looking for suggestions before I have to restore to Win7 and re-upgrade, etc.

YoDaddy-O, Jul 27, 2018
  4. win 10 1803 BSOD

Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

Using latest ADK and MDT to generate 1803 reference image. In my task sequence i have a task "Uninstall Roles and Features" and selected "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". During the build, it gets to this step and then BSOD. This is a copy of the 1709
    sequence that does not exhibit same issue.

I had a similar issue with the XPS Viewer, it was there in 1709 but gone in 1803 and generated an error when the uninstall step was triggered.

Can anyone confirm that SMB 1.0 is no longer part of 1803?

fuseboxdwarf, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

win 10 1803 BSOD

1. win 10 1803 BSOD - Similar Threads - 1803 BSOD

2. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD windows 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD windows 1803: We are prepping for our move to 20h2 but have encountered an issue with our current OS 1803, We've found several supporting forums that suggest running a sfc /scannow. This has seemed to correct the issue for the time being but could someone make a suggestion tion from the...
  3. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD on Windows OS update from 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD on Windows OS update from 1803: I am stuck on Windows build 1803 because every time I update the OS, I get a "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" blue screen of death after 75% completion and right after Windows 10's subsequent reboot. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I've tried a ton of things over the past year or so....
  4. BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled on reboot during Windows 10 1909 update from 1803

BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled on reboot during Windows 10 1909 update from 1803: I have been trying to install the 1909 update from 1803 through creating a DVD and installing the update directly. When the system reboots for the first time, I get an almost instant BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled, and I have been unable to find any log files that...
  5. Windows 10 update 1803 to 1903/1909 fails - BSOD

Windows 10 update 1803 to 1903/1909 fails - BSOD: I am trying to update Windows 10 but I get an error. I get a BSOD with the following stop code: Driver IRQL not less or equal. What failed: NDIS.sys. This is while trying to update from 1803 to 1909 or 1903, happens with that as well. I have tried unplugging all the...
  6. Windows 10 update 1803 to 1903/1909 fails - BSOD

Windows 10 update 1803 to 1903/1909 fails - BSOD: I am trying to update Windows 10 but I get an error. I get a BSOD with the following stop code: Driver IRQL not less or equal. What failed: NDIS.sys. This is while trying to update from 1803 to 1909 or 1903, happens with that as well. I have tried unplugging all the...
  7. 1803 to 1909 Windows update fails with BSOD "system thread exception not handled"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1803 to 1909 Windows update fails with BSOD "system thread exception not handled": Using the Windows 10 Update Assistant I've attempted to install the update. To finish installing, the update tries to restart my computer and on reboot I get this BSOD. The computer then reboots again but it appears that the OS is automatically reverted back to 1803. I've...
  8. 1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...: How can I stop this from happening? I'm nearly certain my hardware (dual Westmere Xeon X5650) doesn't meet the Win 10 1903 requirements. I have no idea how to stop this or force the update through. Any ideas? submitted by /u/varietist_department [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 1803 to 1903 Upgrade: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD

Windows 10 1803 to 1903 Upgrade: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD: Hey guys, I generally don't post on forums but I'm really out of ideas here, I feel like I've tried everything. Everytime I want to update my current Windows 10 Home 1803 version to the newest 1903 version, it crashes to a BSOD with the error code SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,...
  10. Hypervisor_error BSOD on 1803 while running AVD

Hypervisor_error BSOD on 1803 while running AVD: I am a developer and I often run AVD (Android Virtual Device) to test programs that I am working on. In the past 2 weeks or so, I've encountered three hypervisor_error BSODs while on windows 1803. After the first BSOD, I went and turned of Hyper-V and Docker but the issue...