Windows 10: Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day

Discus and support Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So yesterday I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto a Dell Optiplex 9030 (SSD drive) from a source I've been using on many machines without issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pstoric, Jul 13, 2018.

1. pstoric Win User

Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day

So yesterday I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto a Dell Optiplex 9030 (SSD drive) from a source I've been using on many machines without issue. Today, the user called me and said it blue screened which I thought was odd as I haven't had any Windows 10 workstations do that out of the large number we have of them up and running at this point in time. I ran the Dell driver update utility from Dell's site yesterday to make sure all drivers are up to date and they seem to be. In device manager there are no yellow exclamation marks or indications of any bad drivers. Any suggestions? I'm currently installing any pending windows updates but out of ideas.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage

to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ntoskrnl.exe

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,

restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow

these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer

for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware

or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart

your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then

select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x1000009f (0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffff89006d224700,

0xfffff3043f04cc50)

*** ntoskrnl.exe - Address 0xfffff80161247386 base at 0xfffff801610a8000 DateStamp

0x5acd8966

:)

pstoric, Jul 13, 2018
  2. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 13, 2018
  4. kajson Win User

Win 10 clean install question

Hello everyone,

my brother in law has bought a new computer yesterday still with win 8.1 on it, which he'll be upgrading to windows 10. I'm guessing non pro edition. So far I've determined that if you want to do a clean install after the upgrade you don't use an updated productkey, rather microsoft registers somehow your hardware id and auto activates.

Now here's my worry, the computer isn't coming with an ssd, and I'm building that in tommorow, and I want to do the clean install on the ssd understandably.
    My question is, will this alter the hardware ID in such a way that Win 10 won't activate anymore. I know there's a 30 day grace period to fix things, but I'd rather get everything right straight away.
    I'm also wondering if I can just format the former system drive after win 10 has been activated on the SSD or if this will screw up some activation logging file or whatever other important stuff they've somehow left on the older installation.

If it doesnt activate it would mean I'd have to get into contact with microsofts help desk, which I reckon will be extremely hard to reach anyways, and my experience with them hasn't been great sofar.

Thanks in advance for any light shed on the matter. I'm sure more people are debating a form of this conundrum.

kajson, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day - Similar Threads - 1803 clean install

2. BSOD after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after clean installation: Hello all, So i installed windows 10 on new ssd , and it stuck into BSOD loop. Kmode exception not handled is code . Updated all drivers, still getting BSOD. In Safe Mode , it runs ok. OS build 19043.928 , version 21H1 182704
  3. clean install of 1803

clean install of 1803: hi joydeep sir i have done clean install of 1803 by fully formatting my pc but i forgot to disconnect my lan cable i have done clean install of 1803 by fully format having lan connected to my pc so sir will there be any issue so far to my windows 1803 as lan cable was...
  4. BSOD after clean install

BSOD after clean install: Hello, please help me out: 1. My PC was frequently rebooted after waking up from hibernate. I have disabled the hibernation, it starts rebooting from sleep. No BSOD, just reboot after 2-3 minutes of trying to wake up. 2. I have formatted my SSD and installed Win10 from...
  5. win 10 1803 BSOD

win 10 1803 BSOD: I haven’t had a BSOD in years and then finally yesterday evening I walked away from my laptop and came back and it was stuck at “Your PC has ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info and then we’ll restart for you.” 0% complete Stop code:...
  6. problem after installation of win 10 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem after installation of win 10 1803: after the installation of win 10 1803 appear in my laptop this button: [ATTACH] I don't understand don't download nothing and slowing the normal function of laptop. How is this button????...
  7. bsod win 10 clean install , old dell

bsod win 10 clean install , old dell: hello, hope someone can help. upgraded a vista machine to win7, then updated to win10, then clean installed win 10. worked ok for a few days but now bsod every 20 minutes or so. I get watchdog violation. have updated bios and NVidia drivers plus everything else I can think...
  8. BSOD Unwanted Store Exception 1 day after Clean Install

BSOD Unwanted Store Exception 1 day after Clean Install: Hello to all. I have a Dell Latitude E6410 which is an i5 processor with 4.00 GB ram and which is an NVIDIA NVS 3100M It's a little bit old - around 2 years. 2-3 weeks ago I had some BSOD problems, it started as one "Unwanted Store Exception". After that crash I was...
  9. can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't see one of my drives after clean install of Win 10: All, I had to do a clean install of Windows 10. Everything is fine except now I can't see one of my hard drives. I pull up File Explorer and drives C, D are there but no E. Is there a way I can fix this?? Before doing this I had 3 hard drives installed (C [main], D, E]...
  10. Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Clean Install after Upgrade Install: I've upgraded from Win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 via the upgrade install. The system indicates the Win 10 install is activated. Presently, this install is to buggy. I intend to wipe the disk clean and perform a clean install via bootable USD flash drive and the downloaded...