Win 10 1803 weirdoes

Discus and support Win 10 1803 weirdoes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The BSODs and weirdoes that I am experiencing since the 1803 update are getting increasingly annoying and upsetting! Latest in the row: I switch on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmo, Jun 30, 2018.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Win 10 1803 weirdoes

The BSODs and weirdoes that I am experiencing since the 1803 update are getting increasingly annoying and upsetting!

Latest in the row: I switch on my machine and I get a popup stating that my "C:\Recycling bin got corrupted". Plus asking whether I want to empty it or not. What a BS is this?

And worse: neither the Yes nor the No button of that dialog showed any reaction but the alert blocked the entire system and made it non-responsive. No Ctrl-Alt-Del nor anything else allowed me to regain control.
    In the end I had to hard-reset the system! :-(

And I am constantly experience such issues now. It's unbelievable what this 1803 update did to my formerly almost perfectly running MS Surface Pro 4!

:)

2. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 30, 2018
  3. JerryVM Win User
    Internet disconnect Win 10 Version 1803

I am trying to find help with internet disconnect on Win 10 Version 1803 shortly after making a connection through the trouble shooter. I have looked for an update to my wireless adapter as instructed in the only information available wit no relief. I
    am using Version 1803. Others have posted the same issue but no fix is listed

JerryVM, Jun 30, 2018
  4. NGeo Win User

Win 10 1803 weirdoes

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

Win 10 1803 weirdoes

1. Win 10 1803 weirdoes - Similar Threads - Win 1803 weirdoes

2. Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen Win-Spotlight & Slideshow are not triggering after update 1803: Since Update 1803, the slideshow and Windows spotlight do no properly start when the PC is locked or on inactivity. Before the 1803 update it was possible to set a Slideshow album, Picture or Windows Spotlight and with WIN+L or on PC inactivity it would switch to the...
  3. Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 1803 clean install BSOD after one day: So yesterday I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto a Dell Optiplex 9030 (SSD drive) from a source I've been using on many machines without issue. Today, the user called me and said it blue screened which I thought was odd as I haven't had any Windows 10 workstations do...
  4. Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803: Since I upgraded to 1803 this morning, both chrome and vivaldi stop being able to reach most websites quickly after signing in (the first one or two attempts work). Sites that do not use https seem to remain accessible, though at very slow speed. It also may be related to...
  5. Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803: Since I upgraded to 1803 this morning, both chrome and vivaldi stop being able to reach most websites quickly after signing in (the first one or two attempts work). Sites that do not use https seem to remain accessible, though at very slow speed. It also may be related to...
  6. bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bad image error nvldumd.dll win 10 1803 version. I dont have option to roll back to 1703: bad image error nvldumd.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains error. I tried already installing VC++ 2010,2012,2013,2015 and even 2017. I ran scan in command prompt as admin found some corrupt files that can't be fixed. I'm at version 1803 . I no...
  7. windows media player for win 10 Home version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows media player for win 10 Home version 1803: I think i need to use playstore app = bubbleupnp app to view photos on my smart tv. I think I need windows media player to do this. I cannot find the Windows Media player download (version 12 ?) Do you think I need to view photos from Google Photos this way? Or is there...
  8. Logitech Bluetooth mouse not working Win 64bit 1803 17134.137

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Bluetooth mouse not working Win 64bit 1803 17134.137: Thought I'd give this a shot, maybe something that's fixable and this seem like a great spot to try. I have a Kogan Atlas C300 laptop, one that is almost undocumented anywhere as far as I can see. It's still listed at Kogan Atlas 13.3 C300 Convertible Notebook - Kogan.com...
  9. Removing win 10 1803 - replacing with win 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing win 10 1803 - replacing with win 8.1: Hi, win 10 - 1803 has proven a big disappointment to me and I'm considering removing it entirely and doing a clean install of windows 8.1. If anyone could advise me on the viability (or not) of doing so I would really appreciate it. Are there any possible adverse consequences...
  10. Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?: Hello, I was referred here by some wonderful folks on the sonar forums. I am hoping to just do my work and stop worrying about my pc and windows updates. I have win 10 home, it is a brand new Dell XP (or something like that) I just got in Jan. Will this answer work from...