Windows 10: Win 10 1809 - download free app without Microsoft Account

Discus and support Win 10 1809 - download free app without Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day, I am installing a computer with win 10 pro x64 (1809) for a friend. This friend does not have a microsoft account, and does not want one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by twcm73, Oct 8, 2018.

1. twcm73 Win User

Win 10 1809 - download free app without Microsoft Account

Good day,

I am installing a computer with win 10 pro x64 (1809) for a friend. This friend does not have a microsoft account, and does not want one.

I want to download ublock origin (a plugin for microsoft edge), and a few other, free apps/plugins.

This does not seem to be possible anymore in 1809 - in 1803 I could just say "do not use microsoft account"

Is there a solution to this?

What happens to smaller companies (I know a few) where there are 10-20 Win 10 pro machines without a domain?

:)

twcm73, Oct 8, 2018
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 1809 - download free app without Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - 1809 download free

2. Downloading free app from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading free app from Microsoft store: I am running Windows 11 64 bit on my PC. I tried to download a free French-English dictionary from the Microsoft store but the error message said "Difficulty unzipping files. go to go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkld=623485". Can someone help me download this file? Thanks, Joel...
  3. Downloading free app from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading free app from Microsoft store: I am running Windows 11 64 bit on my PC. I tried to download a free French-English dictionary from the Microsoft store but the error message said "Difficulty unzipping files. go to go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkld=623485". Can someone help me download this file? Thanks, Joel...
  4. free download manager on win 10 is crashing and not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    free download manager on win 10 is crashing and not opening: free download manager which is an open source software is now not working properly. it is closing by itself and not opening again. before it worked smoothly on my pc but now its crashing and wont open up again...i tried compatibility setting of win 8 and 7 but still not good...
  5. Is it possible to download the Netflix without signing into a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to download the Netflix without signing into a Microsoft account?: Is there any way to get the Netflix app without having to sign into the app store? I have been able to download some other Microsoft store apps but it seems that this does not work with Netflix for whatever reason. submitted by /u/Hir0shima [link] [comments]...
  6. Downloading free app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading free app: My Snip and Sketch app stopped working on my Windows 10 ver1903. I followed instructions that said to uninstall and reinstall. When I went to the Windows app store and added the app to my cart it won't install on my device. Even though I signed into my Microsoft account and I...
  7. dell microsoft windows 10 free download

dell microsoft windows 10 free download: having problems with dell Microsoft windows 10 free download where find automatic download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-microsoft-windows-10-free-download/f95299a6-ce72-4c1d-94ce-6e3d033a6ce0
  8. win 10 1809 update download final step left

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 1809 update download final step left: new win 10 installed in new dell laptop. I installed all updates. then for improving system performance(eg. slow restart time : more than 2 mins) , I contacted support team , india. I had a telephonic discussion with them day before yester i.e. 30th april 2019 as per...
  9. win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.

win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.: Is there anyway to indepth trouble shooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-1809very-slow-to-load-programs-and/f67e6720-03f2-407c-9876-290c7650ca26
  10. Download Windows 10 app from Microsoft without account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Windows 10 app from Microsoft without account?: Is there a way to download a Windows 10 app from Microsoft without having a Microsoft account? Al I need is the "XBOX Accessories" Windows 10 app to map out my xbox one controller and more importantly update the controller, but it seems I need to log in to download it which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 download app no account