Windows 10: Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot

Discus and support Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have done everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (to include a fresh install (not upgrade) and installing drivers/configuring settings one by one with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dacrone, Nov 23, 2018.

1. dacrone Win User

Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot

I have done everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (to include a fresh install (not upgrade) and installing drivers/configuring settings one by one with restarts in between each... and yes, it took 3 days to figure this out) to narrow my issue down to two causes:

Intel Management Engine Interface - No big deal, I just use the generic drivers

Windows Credentials - PIN - When I set a PIN, the laptop is slower to shutdown/restart/boot. When I remove the PIN, all is done within seconds (when enabled, literally 2-3 minutes).

Anyone else have this issue that have found the cause?

*This ends with the same result for a Local Admin account and a Microsoft Account*

:)

dacrone, Nov 23, 2018
  2. scevism Win User

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot :mad:

scevism, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 23, 2018
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot - Similar Threads - 1809 PIN Slow

2. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  3. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow Win 10 boot up: I am runing Win 10, my PC is 6 yrs old, but now it takes 4 minutes to boot up before I get my log in screen. Does anyone know how I can speed up this process, other than buying a new PC....
  4. Very slow Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow boot up in win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot up in win 10: My laptop is Inspiron 5559, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD running on win 10 Version 20H2. My laptop is very slow to boot up I know HDD is slow but is this still normal? I already tried the steps I can find online like running chkdsk, sfc, cleanboot, fast start-up. So I searched more to...
  6. win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.: Is there anyway to indepth trouble shooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-1809very-slow-to-load-programs-and/f67e6720-03f2-407c-9876-290c7650ca26
  7. Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot: I have done everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (to include a fresh install (not upgrade) and installing drivers/configuring settings one by one with restarts in between each... and yes, it took 3 days to figure this out) to narrow my issue down to two causes: Intel Management...
  8. Win 10, 1809 installed, will not boot.

Win 10, 1809 installed, will not boot.: Win 10, 1809 installed but would not reboot. Removed updated version (1809) and all is well now. Ran "Fix windows" in search block and the results are as follows: "Service registration is missing or corrupt". How do I resolve this problem? Some characteristic's are: little...
  9. Win 10 Ver 1809

Win 10 Ver 1809: Has the Oct update that was suspended been re released. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-ver-1809/3e59a410-1f39-497a-be80-f8620d8169aa
  10. Reinstall Win 10 1809

Reinstall Win 10 1809: I did a clean install of Win 10 1809 at the beginning of October, when it was first released. Of course, then it was pulled and now it is released again. Now that it has been re-released, is it best to do another clean install, or would the new cumulative update be just as...