Windows 10: Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails.

Discus and support Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, System Information: (I've had this problem with two different PCs) HP ProDesk 400 G1 Dell Optiplex 5060 (Both PCs have on board RealTek sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Barry Smith_129, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails.

Hi,

System Information:

(I've had this problem with two different PCs)

HP ProDesk 400 G1

Dell Optiplex 5060

(Both PCs have on board RealTek sound and Intel video.)

Both PCs have the latest drivers installed. Both recently rebuilt with 1809 ISO.

Problem:

When using the PCs to watch YouTube, the sound is intermittently not being produced.

Testing on Dell PC:

User was trying to watch a YouTube video, but this issue occurred. First checked that the video had sound by running it from my phone. Checked that the system sounds could be heard, which they could.

Video was running in Edge so I copied the URL and played it in Chrome. The same problem occurred, but Chrome showed the sound icon in its tab to indicate that it was passing sound.

Switched user as current user was not an admin. Logged in as myself and checked for sound card driver update. Latest version installed.

Logged off from my account and asked the user to log back into theirs, which they did and the sound then played from YouTube.

Testing on HP PC:

Problem occurred. Restarted PC and the issue was fixed. Unable to reproduce the failure as of yet.

Question:
    Is there a know issue with streaming audio that will resolve this problem?

As the problem is intermittent, it is very hard to diagnose the exact cause. Has anyone else had this and can advise on a solution.

Cheers,

Barry.

:)

Barry Smith_129, Feb 5, 2019
  2. JoeJuan Win User

Intermittent Beeping Sound

Before I elaborate on the steps taken so far, allow me to notify you that I have done research on this issue via the internet. Armed with the suggested solutions, I then:

1) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'System' followed by a click on the 'Notifications & actions' On the right pane, I set the 'Get notifications from apps and other senders' switch to 'Off'.
    No changes were made but it had no effect on the intermittent sounds.

2) I then added the 'Get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' and disabled it. Again this did not help at all.

3) I then enabled the switches for both items back to 'On'

4) Clicked on the 'Start' button, followed by 'Settings'. Then on the 'Settings' window, I clicked on 'Devices' followed by a click on the 'USB'. I then set the one and only switch to notify me if there are issues connecting to USB devices to 'Off'. Again this
    did not helped as the intermittent sound still occurred. I therefore set it back to 'On'.

5) I clicked on the 'Control Panel' (since I enabled that icon for my desktop), followed a click on the 'Hardware and Sounds' item. On the next page that appeared, I clicked on the 'Change system sound' item. Then on the 'Sound' window, I selected the 'Sounds'
    tab. A list of system sounds appeared under the 'Windows Default' and I moved the cursor to the 'Device Disconnect' item. I then set the sounds associated with that event to '(None)'. The 'Apply' button was pressed followed by the 'OK' button and closing of
    the 'Control Panel' window. The intermittent sound did not occur anymore. However, since I set the sounds to (none), I WILL NOT be notified whenever a device is disconnected and this is what is causing a problem - I prefer to be notified.

Hopefully you would be able to suggest a better solution. BTW, this problem did not occur initially. Only when the Windows 10 updates were applied recently (about one or two months ago) did the problem surfaced. This was the reason why I suspected that the
    updates was the culprit...but I could be wrong.

JoeJuan, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Freeze with short sound loops while watching youtube

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the Windows update?
    • is the issue specific with YouTube?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails.

Youtube / Chrome / Windows 10 sound issue

There is a strange issue with sound playback from Youtube videos in Chrome on Windows 10:

For some Youtube videos, it fails to play the sound, and the following oddities can be observed:

• Sound from other Youtube videos, and other websites, is played normally.
    • Chrome has the little playback icon in the Youtube tab.
    • In the Windows Sound Mixer, the "Chrome" and "System" bars show the current volume level, but nothing comes out of the speakers.
    • Microsoft Edge plays the Youtube videos in question normally.

Two videos without audible sound in Chrome are and . What I'm not sure about is whether the sound of these particular videos always fails on Chrome. I've just rebooted though, and the sound still fails.

Because the Windows Sound Mixer actually displays the volume level but nothing comes out, and because Edge plays the sound flawlessly, I suppose this is not purely a problem with the videos themselves, but that Chrome and/or Windows 10 are involved.

Does anyone have an idea how to address this issue?

Felix Dombek, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails.

1. Win 10 1809 - Sound from YouTube intermittently fails. - Similar Threads - 1809 Sound YouTube

2. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  3. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound from youtube video on pc: Suddenly no sound is heard when a you tube video is selected on this Windows 10 PC. Has always worked fine until now. All PC sound tests display no problems and no changes have been made.YouTube suggests it may be Adobe Flash Player issue. Any advice....Please?Desktop -...
  4. no sound from youtube video on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 upgrade from 1809 to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade from 1809 to 1909: Hello, I have OS 1809 windows update is asking me to restart so it can finish 1909 upgrade. Have win 10 home 64bit. fearfull to allow this update after reading comments on this board any recomendations for sucess?...
  6. Enveoriment sound effects dont work on Youtube 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enveoriment sound effects dont work on Youtube 1809: Hi, any idea why sound effect does not work in Win10 professional 1809, the effect I'm trying to use "Envoriment: Arena" from control panel>sound settings>playback>Enchements, its working locally on system but not on YouTube videos. I already did run sound troubleshooting...
  7. Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent Sound Problem on windows 10 Education 1809: I am having sound Problems on my Windows 10 Machines ever since updating to 1809 in december/january holidays. If you click the sound Icon in the system tray and change the volume it plays the bing sound. However no other sound works. even if you right-click and go to...
  8. Win 10 1809 update fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 1809 update fails: I have downloaded the Windows 10 1809 update to a USB stick as I have three PCs to update. When I try to update the first one using the USB stick I get a BSOD with the "Can't find windows\system32\boot\winload.efi" I have checked on the PC and this file is present so can...
  9. No sound after Win 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after Win 10 1809 update: Every time I boot up in my account, I have no sound. The usual method of repair, uninstalling the sound drivers and rebooting, works, but only once. I have to do this each time I turn on my computer. So far there is no permanent fix. IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is what I...
  10. Sound on youtub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound on youtub: I have a problem with Youtube sound since it is really too quiet. When I turn on the audio file, it starts to sound normally in the beginning and then is getting quieter. I have to go to Realtek settings to make just one song sounds louder. And I have to repeat these steps...