Windows 10: Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access

Discus and support Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Request for clarification: Local User access to personal Microsoft profile guidelines I am currently repairing my Win 10 Home build 1809. Getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phil Boone, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access

Request for clarification: Local User access to personal Microsoft profile guidelines

I am currently repairing my Win 10 Home build 1809. Getting pretty close to having my Microsoft profile account which is my admin. As I was sifting through all the diagnostics, error reports and so on, a few entries in certain areas like services and registry appear odd to me from experience with XP through current Win 10 build 1809.

After I am finished with the admin profile's repair, I plan to return to my local account for most usage. However, I am not sure if the manner in which I use a local account may become a problem to system.

What I would like to be certain of specifically is:

1. Will using elevated admin privileges through UAC (pin of admin) to access apps and programs mostly for Using apps; specifically purchased ones and others which have separate user info. Ex. Discord has my server list associated with my admin account which is where I normally install new software from.
      • However, a few installs originated in the local account using pin from admin.
        • Is that something I need to avoid completely?
        • Do Windows Store apps installed on admin need a separate install on local? I fear this will use extra memory
      • Where can I use Office 365? It's a no-brainer, whos wants to, or at times, can't without losing some kind of data, wish to log in and out of admin ==>local and back just to check mail?
        • Then there are the Office apps. I pay monthly, you have to attach initially to account of course, but, starts up on local account via UAC
    2. Am I creating anything from excess background tasks, issues with system, or even creating security risks? Any undesired results.
    3. I haven't found a good source for this question yet. If you have a link, that would be appreciated as well.

:)

Phil Boone, Jan 4, 2019
  2. 7of9 Win User

Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10.

Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password.

Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong.

Earlier today, I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default.

I followed directions I found on the web, activated the sys admin account, went to the sys admin account, the users app data tabletray..... But I kept getting the error that something " was already in use" and I couldn't copy all the files.
    I went ahead and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account.
    then I disabled the sys admin account.

Now, some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared. I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on (MSI afterburner.....). And any program that needs admin access, I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access. Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off, I have to do it all over again.

when a program asks for elevated access, it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box. Is that normal? I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before.

If I have to re-install, where do I get the free win10 upgrade again? are those files saved on my pc?

7of9, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    Windows 10 Cant uninstall programs/use Admin permissions

Hi Connor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Have you installed all pending updates on the system?

• Are you facing this issue on a Local account or the Microsoft Account?

I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the Admin account to check if that helps.

Further you need to run the Disk clean up tool which will help you in this issue.

Refer the below link to perform a Disk Clean Up.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

If the issue persists then enable the built in admin account from the
    Windows Recovery Environment, login to that account and then uninstall unwanted programs or applications. You are getting an error when you try to enable the hidden admin account as the command only runs on an Elevated command prompt, i.e.,
    an admin Command prompt. As you can’t access that on your system, I suggest you to go to Windows Recovery Environment and use the Command Prompt there, which is elevated.

Follow the below steps:-

• Press Shift and Restart from the power icon (together)

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Go to Advanced Options.

• Select Command Prompt.

• Type "net user Administrator /active:yes"

• Hit Enter.
    An user account with the name Admin will be created. Log in with that account and you will be able to access Admin privileges. You can also create more Administrator accounts with that account.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access

Windows 10 Cant uninstall programs/use Admin permissions

I went through and did a Disk Cleanup, then did the steps as followed. It said the command was successful, but when I went back to start up and delete the programs, it still said I wasn't an administrator. To clarify the questions you asked at the top of
    the post, I have my computer set to update automatically, so I should have everything up to date. However I'm not sure what the 2nd question means. I'm using the account that it gave me when I upgraded to Windows 10. I have also been able to remove apps before,
    so I don't know when this problem started.

ConnorCrowson, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access

1. Win 10 1809 Using elevated admin creditials for purchased apps and program access - Similar Threads - 1809 Using elevated

2. Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...: Hello,I have a problem that I believe will end up making me re-image this Dell xps13 laptop, running win11 home. I just recently had the motherboard replaced via Dell support due to memory errors as memory is embedded on motherboard, the motherboard was replaced.I have two...
  3. Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin elevated account cloud connected no longer available. Access for admin functions not...: Hello,I have a problem that I believe will end up making me re-image this Dell xps13 laptop, running win11 home. I just recently had the motherboard replaced via Dell support due to memory errors as memory is embedded on motherboard, the motherboard was replaced.I have two...
  4. can't access win 10 computer as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access win 10 computer as admin: I'm logged into the computer and to MS but when I click on anything that needs admin access I get this message: https://i.gyazo.com/2c302d873fe7f41e1f886f205426d0a3.png But no way to login as admin. I also get this message when I bring up the Lock Screen options. It...
  5. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  6. What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    What programs / apps to use to tweak Win 10: I have used these programs to tweak Win 10 I would like to know what others are using. - Classic Shell Site: Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements - Winaero Tweaker Site Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows Downloads / Software /...
  7. Elevated Admin Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Elevated Admin Access: Hi. Can someone help me figure out how to get elevated administrator access, so I can make changes and download items on my surface pro? I keep getting a pop up screen that I need elevated privileges, and I need to enter my pin, but there is no spot to enter the pin....
  8. Elevated Access Required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated Access Required: Hello, We're deploying Windows 10 to all our corporate computers, and I was trying to write a batch file to silently install all the necessary core programs that our employees would need. However I keep getting an elevated access required issue when running the batch file...
  9. Elevate Windows 10 Pro Admin User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevate Windows 10 Pro Admin User: Hi, Does anyone know how to stop the attached alerts? I got this one, just for renaming the C drive label, if I click Continue it works fine, but if I am logged in as an Admin user, that should be enough for me, so can we get rid of this alert? I don't want to use the...
  10. Admin elevation

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin elevation: I hate appearing stupid, but it is the only way I learn... I have two user accounts on this computer, one as Administrator and the other as, well, let's call it "me". Both are Administrator accounts. So why is it that I regularly am either told or asked to elevate...