Windows 10: win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu

Discus and support win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been researching this issue for the past 3 hours without success. Win10 is the free version issued a while back. All Microsoft updates are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hddude110, Feb 27, 2020.

1. hddude110 Win User

win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu

I have been researching this issue for the past 3 hours without success. Win10 is the free version issued a while back. All Microsoft updates are successfully installed. All hardware drivers are current. Ran SFC /scannow followed by Disc /Online /Cleanup-Image /restoreHealth, all successfully completed. I have a search bar at the bottom left if I want to do a basic search. I'm looking for the pull down search menu at the top when opening "this PC" I have File.... Computer.... View...… Missing the search menu. Ultimately, my goal is to delete all empty folders but I have no search options that ate obvious

any help is much appreciated

:)

hddude110, Feb 27, 2020
  2. martian Win User

Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled.
    (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting
    one also deletes the other.)

I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but
    could only find Chrome-styled browsers (without pull-down or drop-down menus).

Would anyone suggest an old style browser?

TIA.

martian, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search Missing

Hi,

There could be changes or updates performed on your computer that caused this problem with your start menu search. Have you tried running the
    Start menu troubleshooter? If you haven't yet, then we suggest running it for us to further isolate the problem. Check out
    Try the troubleshooter from this link.

Please verify also if the search bar is enabled in the taskbar. To check, right-click the Taskbar, then navigate to
    Cortana > Show search box as shown in the photo below:

win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu a60a98cd-0534-4915-8f00-57faf58f344e.png

If Search is still missing in the Start menu, then please run the command below in Windows PowerShell. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in PowerShell, then right-click
      Windows PowerShell in the search results.
    • At the command prompt, type in the command below and hit Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 27, 2020
  4. win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu

1. win 10/1902 is missing search pull down menu - Similar Threads - 1902 missing search

2. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  3. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  4. App icons missing in windows 10 search menu

in Cortana
    App icons missing in windows 10 search menu: App icons missing in windows 10 search menu, tried clearing icon cache and doesn't work. Made a new local user account and icons reappeared, but doesn't appear on my original account. Reset windows 10, updated to latest version, and a few days later it has happened again....
  5. edge pull down menus will not lock down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    edge pull down menus will not lock down: When I attempt to use pull down menus, the menu flickers but does not pull down. I can access selections by using arrow keys. This question is marked solved, but after following all instructions, it still does not work. Even downloaded a later version of Edge. This is...
  6. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching: So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the sign in, settings and feedback buttons are when your searching for something) Instead it shows whatever is on the forefront...
  7. Win 10 update to 1902 fails with error Oxc1420121

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update to 1902 fails with error Oxc1420121: Having received an email from MS to update my desktop to build 1903 I twice attempted to run the update but it failed about a third of the way through with the above error, and was told to contact MS for assistance. I tried to use the trouble shooter but it was of no help...
  8. Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge favorites bar pull down menu blank: Hi, For the last few iterations of Windows 10, I've noticed the favorites bar pull down arrow is blank. The only way to get the items back is to go into settings and turn off, then back on to "Show the favorites bar". This only lasts a short time then then items disappear...
  9. Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?

in Browsers and Email
    Pull-down or Drop-down Menu?: I decided to uninstall Firefox after the entries in the Favorites doubled. (Example: the Yahoo Mail sign-in page appears twice in the list. Deleting one also deletes the other.) I have been looking for browsers with pull-down or drop-down menus but could only find...
  10. Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?: I have several computers running Win. 10! This problem only occurs on my 32bit machine, where the Left Click Mouse on Start Panel doesn't work any longer? Is there a ' FIX ' for this? Thank you 42763