Windows 10: win 10 1903 add option feature failure

Discus and support win 10 1903 add option feature failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after upgrading to win 1903, I want to add a option feature of "Microsoft Print to PDF" . but it was failed . it said "Windows couldn't complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joejia1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. joejia1 Win User

win 10 1903 add option feature failure

after upgrading to win 1903, I want to add a option feature of "Microsoft Print to PDF" .

but it was failed . it said "Windows couldn't complete the requested changes." and "an error has occurred not all of the feature were sucessfully changed".

thanks for help.

Joe

:)

joejia1, Aug 31, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Win 10 1809 to 1903 Failure And Odd Issue Found

No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

Similar there.
    You are missing an EFI partition too. Here's mine (1903) - note the 99Mb EFI partition:

win 10 1903 add option feature failure [​IMG]

- noting the Recovery partition is NTFS - not sure where the idea in that thread about FAT32 comes from.

Here are all the partitions - Disk Management omits the 16Mb one:

win 10 1903 add option feature failure [​IMG]

In the thread I quoted- not the most straightforward- it seems one basic step taken was to
    a. Image 'C: '
    b. Clean install Windows
    c. Replace the new Windows partition by restoring it from the image created
    d. (Note when rebooting, this may sort itself out via automated repair, or need Startup repair to be run)

If you search for
    msconfig boot empty
    or
    msconfig boot empty "Windows 10"
    you will find numerous references which may help.

dalchina, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows Feature Update 1903

Hi Sara209

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. The steps which you have undertaken to block updates won't work for any feature update. Feature updates need to be blocked temporarily by using different steps.

But, I will suggest that you should not try to stop 1903 feature update. Let it happen.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Aug 31, 2019
  4. win 10 1903 add option feature failure

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

win 10 1903 add option feature failure

1. win 10 1903 add option feature failure - Similar Threads - 1903 add option

2. Media Feature Pack doesnt showing in add an optional feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Feature Pack doesnt showing in add an optional feature: I don't have Media Feature Pack anywhere. How can I find it? https://ctrlv.cz/gwSn , https://ctrlv.cz/NuB4 , https://ctrlv.cz/soGi , https://ctrlv.cz/jeMe . I downloaded it, but it "doesn't work for my device." From here, i downloaded every file https://ctrlv.cz/5OZM . Can...
  3. Critical Update Failure for Windows 10 Feature Updates 1809 and 1903.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Critical Update Failure for Windows 10 Feature Updates 1809 and 1903.: Hello there! Just over a week ago, I brought my current machine. It runs perfectly! Upon tying to play Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone, I was told I needed to install the latest Windows 10 Feature Update. Much to my surprise, this failed and I haven't been able to...
  4. Win 10 Search failure after 1903 update

in Cortana
    Win 10 Search failure after 1903 update: The first problem I had with the Win10 1903 update was deemed by Microsoft support to be a problem with an incomplete update. Microsoft fixed that by reinstalling the update. Since then my search on file names fails. Search on file CONTENTS does not fail. Rebuilding the...
  5. Autoplay options missing in registry....Win 10 / 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay options missing in registry....Win 10 / 1903: Autoplay options missing in registry....Win 10 / 1903 After "policies" there should be / explorer and then some autoplay options...but those options are missing! This is what shows up instead....
  6. Win 10 Features update Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Features update Failure: I have an older Dell Inspiron 11 3174 Laptop. It was turned off for awhile (about a year) because I bought a new Acer). I have decided to sell the Dell. Multiple problems ensued. First I was unable to do a reset or wipe, it started out fine, got to around 84 or 85% and...
  7. Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903: I have tried probably 10-15 different fixes to get this update to install but it fails each time. I do get the error 0x80070003 but all targeted fixes for this error fail. I am down to the possibility of a PC reset but really don't want to lose all the programs. I can't...
  8. Win 10 Feature 1903 update ??

Win 10 Feature 1903 update ??: For the past 2 days I have been trying to get this update on my Dell 660. It starts the download process get's to 70% ready and then stops. The last time I started the process was this afternoon at 3:30 pm and when I returned home at 7:30 it still showed getting things...
  9. Win 10 1809 to 1903 Failure And Odd Issue Found

Win 10 1809 to 1903 Failure And Odd Issue Found: So for a couple days I have been trying to update to 1903 including removing every device but the mouse and keyboard and trying but I always get a failure around 73%. I tried the troublershooter, the media creation tool and so forth Today trying with the windows 10 iso...
  10. Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade

Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade: I downloaded and installed the latest Win 10 - 1903 feature upgrade this morning. 1. I was forced to log back in to much of my gaming software. 2. After the upgrade I was left with a light blue glaring desktop background that had to be deleted, it was just too bright...