Windows 10: Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive.

Discus and support Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The company I work for is running Windows 10 1903 Enterprise. We've been working on upgrading from Windows 7. We use a lot of network drives. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nvrmnd, Jul 30, 2019.

1. nvrmnd Win User

Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive.

The company I work for is running Windows 10 1903 Enterprise. We've been working on upgrading from Windows 7.

We use a lot of network drives. We discourage mapping and instead have our users create a shortcut for the network drive on their desktop.

In the past (Win7), the users could drag and drop a file onto the shortcut. When they try this in Win10 they get a red circle indicating they can't. However, if they open the shortcut, they can then drop the file in.

It's only two extra steps (open, close) but it seems like they are unnecessary steps. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:)

nvrmnd, Jul 30, 2019

2. Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Win User

Thema:

1. Win 10 (1903) Can't drag and drop to a shortcut for a network drive. - Similar Threads - 1903 Can't drag

2. Can't drag and drop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop: I have done: sfc /scannow DISM CheckHealth and RestoreHealth commands Restarted Windows Explorer Restarted Desktop Window Manager submitted by /u/TheTank18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iinj3x/cant_drag_and_drop/
  3. Drag and Drop with no Drive Letter

Drag and Drop with no Drive Letter: I have an flash drive which I use to store personal data and as such I’ve unassigned the drive letter so it doesn’t appear in file explorer. Currently using the volume’s GUID to access the drive via a batch file. So far it’s working fine, but one thing I’ve noticed is that I...
  4. Drag and drop files into cmd using win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop files into cmd using win 10: I see many threads asking why this will not work in windows 10, all are locked, so providing an answer is not possible. I find this rather irritating largely due to the fact that none of the threads have any clear solution other than run a scan that invariably results in...
  5. Drag n Drop in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag n Drop in Win 10: Can you drag & drop files from one Explorer window to another? This is by right clicking the file and moving it holding the mouse down, then release in the target location. It's always worked for me in XP but Win 10 does not. It will however, r-click copy and then r-click...
  6. I can't Drag and Drop a file to a pinned network folder

I can't Drag and Drop a file to a pinned network folder: I pinned a network folder to my Quick Access. But when I try and drag a file to it, it just doesn't accept it. I get this pointer. If I open the folder, from the same pinned link, I can drag to that fine. But not to the pinned folder itself. I used to be able to do it....
  7. Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update: Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update On my main computer's desktop, I have an icon for a shared drive (which is located on computer 2). For years, I have been able to drag any file onto the shared drive's shortcut on the and it would copy from...
  8. Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to Network Folder Icon Not Working Since 1903 Update: On my main computer's desktop, I have an icon for a shared drive (which is located on computer 2). For years, I have been able to drag any file onto the shared drive's shortcut on the and it would copy from computer 1 to computer 2. After the 1903 update, I get the red...
  9. Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10: Explorer Drag and Drop 'Move' - Not Working - Win 10 131962
  10. Drag & Drop not working on a new install of Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag & Drop not working on a new install of Win 10: After doing an upgrade from Win 7 to 10, I find that the drag & drop function isn't working. I've tried the fixes found here and on several other forums but no joy. I got the download from MS which also loaded the install files on a thumb drive. I then installed using the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows drag hotkey

2. windows 10 drag and drop to network shares

3. windows 10 cannot drag and drop to shares

4. windows 10 cant drag and drop to nas,
  5. cant drag to network shortcut,
  6. drag and drop windows 10 network,
  7. windows shortcut accept drop,
  8. drag and drop to taskbar win10 1903,
  9. create shortcut link cant drag,
  10. 1903 ドラッグアンドドロップ,
  11. what can i use as a drop button on windows 10,