Windows 10: Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

Discus and support Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I type into the start menu on win 10 1903 the wrong Characters appear. The Region and Keyboard is set correct. This only happens in the Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stuffedhaggis364, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

When I type into the start menu on win 10 1903 the wrong Characters appear. The Region and Keyboard is set correct. This only happens in the Start Menu. All other apps and Browsers work fine. Windows Explorer works.

So for example when I press the A key say 4 times. I will get a different Characters each time. This is the same for every key.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

:)

stuffedhaggis364, Jun 2, 2019

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Jun 2, 2019
  4. loyall Win User

Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

Two of my most used programs are listed in the uninstall programs list, but do not appear in All Apps in the Start Menu, nor do they appear in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. Any suggestion how I can add them to my Start Menu, other than with tiles,
    which I do not use?

loyall, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

1. Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear - Similar Threads - 1903 Typing Start

2. Windows 10 1903, Nvidia, weird green bars appear on top of start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1903, Nvidia, weird green bars appear on top of start menu: Hi! As shown in the screenshot below. There will be green bars on top of the start menu when I open the start menu and then scroll the list of programs. I'm using Nvidia GPU. I think this problem is introduced since 1903. My OS build is 18362.175. I really appreciate...
  3. win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed: Hello, Suddenly my win 10 appeared top left corner as 3 lines and all apps are appeared entire screen and not able to access desk top . I tired all setting options but no use earlier start will appear bottom left corner and clicks start menu will appear as slide show not it...
  4. win 10 start menu appear top left cormer and freezed

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 start menu appear top left cormer and freezed: Hello, Suddenly my win 10 appeared top left corner as 3 lines and all apps are appeared entire screen and not able to access desk top . I tired all setting options but no use earlier start will appear bottom left corner and clicks start menu will appear as slide show not it...
  5. my microsoft surfacebook laptop types wrong characters instead of 6 it types 56j

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my microsoft surfacebook laptop types wrong characters instead of 6 it types 56j: my Microsoft Surface book laptop types wrong characters instead of 6 it types 56j this is really annoying, I have almost 3 year old Surface book laptop which is the first in series of this category of laptops by Microsoft and for last 2 days I am having this problem, urgent...
  6. Windows 10 - PIN unavailable + Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - PIN unavailable + Keyboard typing wrong characters: I have 2 Lenovo laptops for my children and recently both have started acting up (the laptops). They normally log in via PIN but this is currently 'unavailable'. When I tried to log-in with passwords instead, it keeps coming up with 'incorrect password' on both machines....
  7. Start Menu Appearance On Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Appearance On Open: Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you provide. My question is can I make the Start Menu open up like what is shown in the image below, instead of the long list of...
  8. Wrong characters with keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427
  9. Start menu shortcuts appearing in wrong place after renaming them

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu shortcuts appearing in wrong place after renaming them: Here's what happened: - 1. I installed a program called "Acoustica CD Label Maker" and a shortcut with the same name appeared in the "A" section of the start menu, as expected. 2. I renamed the shortcut to "CD Label Maker" and it moved to the "C" section, again, as...
  10. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...