Windows 10: Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

Discus and support Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I type into the start menu on win 10 1903 the wrong Characters appear. The Region and Keyboard is set correct. This only happens in the Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stuffedhaggis364, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

When I type into the start menu on win 10 1903 the wrong Characters appear. The Region and Keyboard is set correct. This only happens in the Start Menu. All other apps and Browsers work fine. Windows Explorer works.

So for example when I press the A key say 4 times. I will get a different Characters each time. This is the same for every key.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

:)

stuffedhaggis364, Jun 2, 2019

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Jun 2, 2019
  4. loyall Win User

Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

Two of my most used programs are listed in the uninstall programs list, but do not appear in All Apps in the Start Menu, nor do they appear in the Most Used list in the Start Menu. Any suggestion how I can add them to my Start Menu, other than with tiles,
    which I do not use?

loyall, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear

1. Win 10 1903 Typing in Start Menu wrong characters appear - Similar Threads - 1903 Typing Start

2. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: Hello, to the people who can help.My laptop keyboard typing keeps going wrong after I cleaned it with spray.The characters that were incorrect"a" as "da""c" as "cz" or "zc""d" as "ad""e" as "qe"space as ",""k" as "/k", "k/" and enter"q" as "eq""z" as "cz" or "zc"enter as "k/"...
  3. Keys are typing the wrong characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  4. Keys are typing the wrong characters

Keys are typing the wrong characters: Ive been having an issue in which when I press keys that have two symbols that require shift to type, such as the AT symbol or the brackets, it types a completely different character. For example, pressing shift and 2 produces ", pressing shift and 0 produces = instead of the...
  5. keys typing wrong characters on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys typing wrong characters on windows 10: Hello,so basically the keyboard in my laptop is typing wrong characters: the "P" key types P and right after opens the context menu, and when I press context menu key it does the same thing; the backspace key does not work unless I hold it for a while, and sometimes it types...
  6. keys typing wrong characters on windows 10

keys typing wrong characters on windows 10: Hello,so basically the keyboard in my laptop is typing wrong characters: the "P" key types P and right after opens the context menu, and when I press context menu key it does the same thing; the backspace key does not work unless I hold it for a while, and sometimes it types...
  7. keys typing wrong characters on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My keyboard is typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is typing wrong characters: My keyboard is typing wrong characters, when I press altgr+Q for bring the @ symbol it always shows @ plus another ramdom character. How I can fix this?...
  9. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  10. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...