Windows 10: Win 10 1903 Very sluggish- Clean out inquiry

Discus and support Win 10 1903 Very sluggish- Clean out inquiry in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have inherited a home made tower with win10 1903. It runs but sometimes very slow. It has a myriad of shortcut icons on the Desktop with every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ozstar, May 2, 2020.

1. ozstar Win User

Win 10 1903 Very sluggish- Clean out inquiry

Hi,

I have inherited a home made tower with win10 1903. It runs but sometimes very slow.

It has a myriad of shortcut icons on the Desktop with every program imaginable. Most of these I would not use, altho some look interesting. NO gaming stuff just audio, vid and regular office/studio stuff.

I would like to sue the box for streaming but so far it is too slow. Sometimes freezes for a few secs etc.

What is the best way for to clean out Win 10 and get back to a clean install so I can start again.

I will image what there is now so I have, but would like to clear it all.

I do not have a Win 10 disk, it came down as a free update from Win 7, years ago.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

:)

ozstar, May 2, 2020
  2. Irony Win User

SCCM: In Place upgrade Win 7to win 10 1903 License issue

I was working on one task sequence for In Place Upgrade. Win 10 1709 to Win 10 1903 is working fine.

But Win 7 to Win 10 1903 is getting failed during Upgrade Operating System step.

I checked some of the links and added the KMS Client Keys (NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43) in upgrade operating system step.

Also added one step to run vbs script.

But Task Sequence is getting failed at this step.

Command line Cscript.exe c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43 returned 3221549136

In my environment, we are using KMS and we don't have a Volume license.

Any advise how to resolve this issue.

Irony, May 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 2, 2020
  4. Win 10 1903 Very sluggish- Clean out inquiry

Win 10 1803 to 1903 update

My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1903 a while back, but my Desktop running Win 10 version 1803

I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1903 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

YadiraPatterson, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 1903 Very sluggish- Clean out inquiry

1. Win 10 1903 Very sluggish- Clean out inquiry - Similar Threads - 1903 Very sluggish

2. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  3. Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is very slow and sluggish: I have revently purchased Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 11 4GB RAM. When I started using this i got frustrated with the system. It is very slow and sluggish. It initially takes 10 minutes to boot then after to use any applications i have to wait for lot of time. When i...
  4. STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903: greetings, my laptop is an: alienware 17 r5 win 10 x64bit 128 gb ssd 1 tb hdd 16gb ram 1050 gtx 1year old. never dropped it. no hardware issue. healthy ssd. healthy usb drive. Last time i had a problem installing win10. Nothing i found in the internet works. here's...
  5. Chrome sluggish after 1903 install

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome sluggish after 1903 install: I did a clean install of 1903 and afterwards, chrome has been really sluggish and slow. I have checked the task manager and shows that I have 13 chrome open when I have 2 pages open and 6 add ons. I have also noticed that chrome will use up a lot of memory and showing as very...
  6. Very very slow win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...
  7. Very sluggish in games/fps drops

Very sluggish in games/fps drops: Hi guys, and Happy Holidays :) I'm at witts end with this thing, I updated to the October 1809 update, but can't remember if the issue started before that, in games I have lost at least half of the FPS I used to get, for example, in Euro Truck Sim 2 I used to get 140...
  8. Windows running very sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows running very sluggish: I haven't installed or updated anything recently, yet for some reason windows is running very sluggish. It starts up in about 10 seconds, (Due to my SSD) And signs me in just fine. Once I click firefox or the start button though, it hangs for about 10-30 seconds, then does...
  9. Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish

Windows 10 Acting Very Sluggish: This problem showed up yesterday, I think. Windows 10 boot-up time on my computer is normally very fast (dual SSD raid). After I type in my Pin, there's not even a second delay before I'm able to click around and launch apps. But now, for some strange reason, the desktop...
  10. Windows 10 - High CPU Usage - Very Sluggish.

Windows 10 - High CPU Usage - Very Sluggish.: https://i.imgur.com/baTX2SF.png I don't think it should be maxing out my resources with a low intensive game like Dota2 running? 85205