Windows 10: Win 10 1909 (18363.529) - Latency Spikes when launching certain Programs

Discus and support Win 10 1909 (18363.529) - Latency Spikes when launching certain Programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I'm trying to get rid of the problem for about 10 hours now and I don't know what to do at this point. I got some audio stutter when I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CornFlakes1991, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Win 10 1909 (18363.529) - Latency Spikes when launching certain Programs

Hey Guys,
    I'm trying to get rid of the problem for about 10 hours now and I don't know what to do at this point.

I got some audio stutter when I was launching Whatsapp Desktop the other day. First I thought that this is maybe a WhatsApp related issue so I ignored it first. But all of a sudden these audio stutter/ short system freeze was also there when I was launching BF4/ BF1/ BF5/ Steam/ Origin or Forza Horizon 4.

My first attempt was to check if a new bios is available or new drivers but I was up to date on all of these. I decided to do a fresh install of windows. So I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a bootable Win10 1909 Stick to get rid of it the "easy" way.

TL;DR the problem still exists doesn't matter if drivers are installed or not.

I found a video on youtube which sounds exactly the same
    VIDEO (youtube)

I also downloaded LatencyMon and let it run while I was launching a game.

Screenshot of the Drivers tab (imgur)
    Logfile (pastebin)

My System spec's are:

Mainboard: ASRock X470 Taichi
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC
    RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600

If you need any additional informations, I will provide them asap. Also sorry for my english.

Any help is appreciated

PS: Could be that I will respond late because I'm tired.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I also installed an older version (1903) of windows. Same behavior.

What's very confusing me is that till 2 days ago the system runs flawlessly

submitted by /u/CornFlakes1991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CornFlakes1991, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Latency spikes in the evenings

Well, first off, welcome! Secondly, define "latency spike". Does is go from say 10 to 50 or does it climb into the hundreds and thousands?

Frick, Jan 15, 2020
  3. DW-695 Win User
    My program cannot launch after upgrade to Windows 10 1909

My program works well on any windows before Windows 10 1909.

after I upgrade to 1909, on a Windows 10 Pro Acer PC, my program works well. But on two Acer Window 10 Home edition , my program cannot launch.

Can anybody give some advice?

thanks

DW-695, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Win 10 1909 (18363.529) - Latency Spikes when launching certain Programs

Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage for Win 10

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I tried all your suggestions, but nothing helped.

Clean bot seems helped at first but no after some hours spikes came back and now spiking more often with every hour of PC working.

Same happened also without clean boot.

Any other suggestions what to try ?

Just to let you know that I worked with Win 7 before with even more programs installed than now and I did not switched off my PC for weeks and CPU usage was lower in general not to talk about any spikes in CPU, newer noticed anything like that...

Thanks

DanielRamirezz, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 1909 (18363.529) - Latency Spikes when launching certain Programs

1. Win 10 1909 (18363.529) - Latency Spikes when launching certain Programs - Similar Threads - 1909 18363 529

2. Windows Sandbox Does Nothing 1909 Build 18363

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Sandbox Does Nothing 1909 Build 18363: I just upgraded from Windows 10 home to Win10 Education. It seems to be very similar to enterprise, and I got to upgrade for free. I just want to use the sandbox and I've spent hours trying to get it running. Virtualization is enabled in Bios, sandbox, Hyper-V, VM platform,...
  3. My program cannot launch after upgrade to Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My program cannot launch after upgrade to Windows 10 1909: My program works well on any windows before Windows 10 1909. after I upgrade to 1909, on a Windows 10 Pro Acer PC, my program works well. But on two Acer Window 10 Home edition , my program cannot launch. Can anybody give some advice? thanks...
  4. Certain programs won't open in Windows 10 1909 November update

Certain programs won't open in Windows 10 1909 November update: Good evening, I have recently built a new computer, installed a fresh copy of windows 10 1909 on it, and I certain programs that worked before are not working anymore. One of them is Tableau Desktop. I try opening it, and the process gets killed instantaneously. I have...
  5. Is the version of MS Edge in 1909 (18363) the Chromium based one?

in Browsers and Email
    Is the version of MS Edge in 1909 (18363) the Chromium based one?: I know that we Edge users are in a small minority, but... I recently updated to 1909 from 1903. I'm not in the Release Preview ring; I used an .iso from UUPDump. My Edge favorites were scrambled. That leads me to wonder whether Edge underwent a more major change than in...
  6. High DPC latency spikes after updating to 1903

High DPC latency spikes after updating to 1903: All my drivers are up2date, including BIOS. My CPU is i5-4690 (Haswell) I did "clean" installation of 1903 build with drive reformatting, and system is on SSD. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 v1903 - ntoskrnl.exe & ISR/DPC latency spikes

Windows 10 v1903 - ntoskrnl.exe & ISR/DPC latency spikes: Hi, After updating to 1903 LatencyMon associates ntoskrnl.exe with large latency spikes on the order of ~1,300µs. Same results with KB4497935. I posted here too as I thought it could be related to the GPU driver:...
  8. PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Freezes for 1-2 seconds when launching certain programs: The PC would freeze for a few seconds when I open certain programs the first time after waking the PC from sleep. It would not freeze if I open the program again after the first time, until I sleep the PC again. Programs that would freeze are e.g. MPC, Potplayer, etc....
  9. Programs not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not launching: Hi all, Today I've been setting up my new rig and I've been hitting an issue, some programs will not launch. The three main programs I've been having issues with are: -Paint, won't start no matter what I do -Geforce Experience, starts the launcher but wont open the...
  10. BSOD When Using Certain Programs

BSOD When Using Certain Programs: Tends to happen on a daily basis for whatever I'm doing. Looking for solutions to this problem because this issue is really aggravating *Mad Thanks for any help that is provided. 30347