Windows 10: Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem

Discus and support Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network. Actually i don't even see the PC itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMTME, May 11, 2020.

1. AMTME Win User

Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem

I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network.

Actually i don't even see the PC itself on the network even though i can see another that runs win 10 1903!!!!!

Just to clarify i have so far:

1. Restarted services and set them to auto i am talking about the network discovery related services

2.Tried with both SMB enabled and disabled

3. Reset the WORKGROUP and policies.

Before someone asks of course sharing settings are checked and correct.

On top of all of that even when i map the NAS drives by IP when i run backup always fails Both windows and Acronis which i actually bought because win 10 briefly disconnect the mapped drives No it is not that the drives drop connection i have monitored the network through pinging everything is ok

And of course the textbook windows problem, while i could connect to my NAS via IP till yesterday after i restarted couldn't happen any more.

Running net view via cmd always gives error 53.

Note The other PC on the network can see all the other devices, Win 10 1903

I need to backup on the NAS.... Any ideas?

UPDATE: After a full reset of the NAS i can connect through the IP but still will not see the PC itself or the NAS on the network tab only the computer running win 10 1903. Of course the error 53 persists.

UPDATE No2: After a clean Install of windows 10 version 1809 and before installing anything else except drivers I run again net view from cmd and returns error 53, if I ping either my router or another device by IP I have no packets lost, so I suppose this is a network discovery issue I don't know how to solve. Just for comparison and older machine that has gone 6 years without format and runs win 10 1903 currently doesn't have the problem, I can see the whole network by running the net view command. Nevertheless is not my main PC is the laptop I am trying to fix. Any advice on that is more than valuable to me!!

:)

AMTME, May 11, 2020

2. Win 10 upgrade from 1809 to 1909

Hello, I have OS 1809 windows update is asking me to restart so it can finish 1909 upgrade. Have win 10 home 64bit. fearfull to allow this update after reading comments on this board any recomendations for sucess?

JohnCav Govinda, May 11, 2020
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 11, 2020
  4. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem - Similar Threads - 1909 1809 Network

2. Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem: Win update downloaded & installed 100%.Next screen "working on updates" froze at xx%.Rebooted which uninstalled the update, so now back to where I started. How can I resolve this update issue from within my OS? or are there other options I can try?...
  3. Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem: Win update downloaded & installed 100%.Next screen "working on updates" froze at xx%.Rebooted which uninstalled the update, so now back to where I started. How can I resolve this update issue from within my OS? or are there other options I can try?...
  4. Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Updating 1809 to 1909 Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updating 1809 to 1909 Problem: I have 10 gig space on C: Windows Drive and a 16 gig USB drive because update told me I needed it and I am still running out of space. I linked SoftwareDistribution folder to another drive to save space but WU creates a new folder "$Windows.~BT" and gobbles up almost 4 gig...
  6. Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...

Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue - users are upset at the change though. Has anyone seen this? Our networking properties on several computers randomly started showing things like for IPV4 : @%systemroot%/system32/drivers/tcpip.sys, -10100 . Only...
  7. Win 10 1909 Network problem

Win 10 1909 Network problem: I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network. Actually i don't even see the PC itself on the network even though i can see another that runs win 10 1903!!!!! Just to clarify i have so far: 1. Restarted...
  8. problem updating from vers 1809 to 1909

problem updating from vers 1809 to 1909: I've tried updating my version of windows 10, a few times actually. Most recently I got error code 0x80070157 but I can't find any info on it and don't know why I'm having so much trouble. Another time I couldn't update because I had my updates set to auto and it wouldn't...
  9. Win 10 upgrade from 1809 to 1909

Win 10 upgrade from 1809 to 1909: Hello, I have OS 1809 windows update is asking me to restart so it can finish 1909 upgrade. Have win 10 home 64bit. fearfull to allow this update after reading comments on this board any recomendations for sucess?...
  10. my computer is not visible on network with Win 10 1809

my computer is not visible on network with Win 10 1809: I have a home network with 2 windows 10 computers. On computer-A I just reinstalled windows (now using release 1809) after getting a new hard drive but now computer-B can't see it on the network. In fact when I use file explorer on computer-A to browse the network I can see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer does not show on network windows 10 1909