Windows 10: Win 10 1909 Network problem

Discus and support Win 10 1909 Network problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network. Actually i don't even see the PC itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMTME, May 10, 2020.

1. AMTME Win User

Win 10 1909 Network problem

I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network.

Actually i don't even see the PC itself on the network even though i can see another that runs win 10 1903!!!!!

Just to clarify i have so far:

1. Restarted services and set them to auto i am talking about the network discovery related services

2.Tried with both SMP enabled and disabled

3. Reset the WORKGROUP and policies.

Before someone asks of course sharing settings are checked and correct.

On top of all of that even when i map the NAS drives by IP when i run backup always fails Both windows and Acronis which i actually bought because win 10 briefly disconnect the mapped drives No it is not that the drives drop connection i have monitored the network through pinging everything is ok

And of course the textbook windows problem, while i could connect to my NAS via IP till yesterday after i restarted couldn't happen any more.

Running net view via cmd always gives error 53.

Note The other PC on the network can see all the other devices, Win 10 1903

I need to backup on the NAS.... Any ideas?

:)

AMTME, May 10, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 10, 2020
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, May 10, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 1909 Network problem - Similar Threads - 1909 Network problem

2. Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem: Win update downloaded & installed 100%.Next screen "working on updates" froze at xx%.Rebooted which uninstalled the update, so now back to where I started. How can I resolve this update issue from within my OS? or are there other options I can try?...
  3. Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem: Win update downloaded & installed 100%.Next screen "working on updates" froze at xx%.Rebooted which uninstalled the update, so now back to where I started. How can I resolve this update issue from within my OS? or are there other options I can try?...
  4. Win 10 1909 to 22H2 update problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with network between win 10 + win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with network between win 10 + win 11: Hi,I have 2PC, PC S with win 10 and PC B with win 11,previosuly both PC were in Win 10 and were able to see/connect each other, I had upgraded PC with new mother board and fresh installed win 11.Now PC B win 11 can see, and connect to PC A win 10, but PC A can see PC B but...
  6. Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue - users are upset at the change though. Has anyone seen this? Our networking properties on several computers randomly started showing things like for IPV4 : @%systemroot%/system32/drivers/tcpip.sys, -10100 . Only...
  7. Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem

Win 10 1909 and 1809 Network problem: I have spent the last 3 days trying to install a NAS for backups. But win 10 1909 refuse to see the network. Actually i don't even see the PC itself on the network even though i can see another that runs win 10 1903!!!!! Just to clarify i have so far: 1. Restarted...
  8. Win. 10, 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win. 10, 1909: hi, 1909 will come out like a monthly update. So, will users be required to restart after the update? Will the Microsoft website provide an ISO file download in case a reinstall is needed? Can we postpone the download of the update?...
  9. Network Server problem Win 10

Network Server problem Win 10: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. Now, I can no longer connect to the Server. My troubleshooter says it cannot detect a pathway. The server is Windows 7. I still have internet connection and other network connections (printer, other laptops, etc). How do I fix this...
  10. win 10 networking - the classical problem

win 10 networking - the classical problem: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] hpbuilt: a win 8.1 all in one that does see minabuilt shared files, but nothing from hamidbuilt (this is really close to what I want) minabuilt: a win 10 home desktop that sees the network, but cannot access files from either hamidbuilt or...