Windows 10: Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal

Discus and support Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently installed Win-10-Pro-1909 from scratch and was wondering if anyone has finally found a trick to remove those ugly looking alphabetic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wintenprouser, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal

I recently installed Win-10-Pro-1909 from scratch and was wondering if anyone has finally found a trick to remove those ugly looking alphabetic headings in the start menu? I have searched for and read older threads on this subject matter on this forum and elsewhere, but so far it seems there isn't a solution to this customization goal yet. Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

wintenprouser, Nov 20, 2019

2. Remove alphabet from App Listing on Windows 10 Start Menu?

Very disappointed that I cannot remove this alphabetical listing entirely from the Start menu. It's clumsy and unappealing. I can already type what I'm looking for. That was convenient. This listing is ugly and irks me every time I hit the start button.

Michael Hancock NL, Nov 20, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Traijan Win User

Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal

Is there a way to turn off the alphabet in my start menu?

Hey,
    So I generally like the W10 start menu with the exception of the alphabet soup in my all apps listings. It's making it look very cluttered and actually disorganized even though everything is obviously listed alphabetically.

Is there a way to turn off the alphabet letters and just list everything that I have in there alphabetically without needing to show me
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    etc...

??

Thanks

Traijan, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal

1. Win-10-1909 start menu alphabetic heading removal - Similar Threads - 1909 start menu

2. Win 10 Pro 1909 Start Context Menu Semi-inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro 1909 Start Context Menu Semi-inoperable: I am having an issue with the Win 10 Start Context (right-click) Menu. I have done extensive research and tried many things but I can't make any headway with the solution. When I right-click the Start Menu, the standard menu structure is displayed. [img] I then select...
  3. Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Disable Alphabetical order in Menu Start: Hi How i can disable in Menu Start Alphabetical order into last instaled programs? 171464
  4. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  5. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  6. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Browsers and Email
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  7. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  8. Alphabets in my Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Alphabets in my Start menu: Hi, Curious if anybody knows of a way to turn off the Alphabet letters in the start menu. I know if I click on them they bring up all of the letters and it lets' me get to the letter in question but I've got a hyperscroll mouse so it only takes one flick to get from one...
  9. Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible sort the start menu tiles alphabetically?: This has been a long standing issue for me in Windows 10 so I am wondering if there is a trick or some 3rd party program that will allow you to sort a section of tiles alphabetically like you would do with a folder in explorer. For example, I have a tile folder called Games...
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...