Windows 10: Win 10 1909 Win RE disabled

Discus and support Win 10 1909 Win RE disabled in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been having living nightmares for weeks with my machine. I've clean installed from 1909 boot media on a new SSD. I don't think I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lxs, Mar 6, 2020.

1. LXS
    Lxs Win User

Win 10 1909 Win RE disabled

Hi All,
    I have been having living nightmares for weeks with my machine.

I've clean installed from 1909 boot media on a new SSD. I don't think I started from a clone, but I'm not 100% sure. I've step by step backed up in Aomei Backupper. I had noticed that after restarts I would have to use Macrium (via WinXPE) to repair Windows, as Windows couldn't repair itself. I also noticed System Restore points were being deleted (I've now disabled System Protection), and that Backupper would not allow Incremental backups.

I need to install a legacy driver that required disabling Signature signing, and that's how I came to realise that this start up option was missing.

I tried this:

I rebooted and also ran the commands below and this is at the extremety of my knowledge and searches on further steps. I'm just about to follow "tutorial 4287-reset-recovery-image", and see how that goes.

Do I need to start again from scratch, from a disk with no partitions, or are there further steps I can take to enable Win RE (which I imagine will help startup repairs)?

:)

2. How to disable Win+L in Windows 10?

As far as I know, there is no mean to disable only one Win+X keyboard shortcut.

What I can suggest is to disable completely Win+X hotkeys:

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    2. Now go to following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to 1

Win 10 1909 Win RE disabled grKk3.png

1. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, all Win+X hotkeys will be turned off in your system.

To re-enable them, delete the DWORD NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Sébastien VALSEMEY, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, Mar 6, 2020
  4. rrsharpe Win User

win 10 disable touchpad

After upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 on HP 15-d045nr laptop, cannot disable touchpad when usb mouse is installed. MANY MANY suggestions tried with no success. Help!!

rrsharpe, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 1909 Win RE disabled - Similar Threads - 1909 disabled

2. How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909: I have windows 10 home and its updated to version 1909, and everytime I reboot my pc I see a notification I have previously shut off about my anti-virus being in sleep mode/turned off, how can I disable this notification? I am asking here because i've tried various other...
  3. How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable anti-virus is turned off notification in win10 ver 1909: I have windows 10 home and its updated to version 1909, and everytime I reboot my pc I see a notification I have previously shut off about my anti-virus being in sleep mode/turned off, how can I disable this notification? I am asking here because i've tried various other...
  4. Unable to disable Windows Defender on 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to disable Windows Defender on 1909: Hello! I'm using Windows 10 1909, Version 10.0.18363, Build 18363. I am unable to turn off Windows Defender permanently. I followed this guide: How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 and none of the methods work. I have turned off tamper protection...
  5. Windows 10 1909 Update, disabled Military CAC Smart Card Readers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1909 Update, disabled Military CAC Smart Card Readers: I have an issue with the recent Windows Update 1909. A week ago I had no issues accessing my Military CAC. After a recent Update I could no longer access my CAC. Both Smart Card readers are listed in Device Manager but ActiveClient does not list any card readers...
  6. Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 1909 First Run Welcome Screen: Every since I upgraded from 1809 to 1909 in March this welcome screen popups on boot every six weeks or so. How can I get rid of it? Once I did click "Continue" and went through a few screens and the canceled thinking that would get rid of it, but it just keeps popping up...
  7. Windows 10 1909 can not update windows update permanently disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 can not update windows update permanently disable: Hai, I had update 2 weeks ago using windows update. Suddenly next day I couldnt using windows update again by settings. Its only black panel loading without any information. Even i cannot update windows defender. I checked windows services and its disable. After I trurned it...
  8. keyboard disabled after update 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard disabled after update 1909: after the update the keyboard was disabled. i uninstalled the drivers and re started but still the same. Its a Lenovo idea pad 330. I have to use the on screen one....
  9. How to disable zip folders in Win10 1909?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable zip folders in Win10 1909?: How can I disable Explorer's built-in zip support in Windows 10 version 1909? Unlike in prior versions, trying to remove the relevant CLSID references in the Registry doesn't work - the CLSID keys themselves are protected, and deleting the keys that reference them triggers...
  10. Disable or remove the Windows Hello Face app in Windows10 1909

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable or remove the Windows Hello Face app in Windows10 1909: Hi, I don't have an IR camera and get event 360 warnings when logging in: "Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched. Device is AAD joined AADJ or DJ++ : Not Tested User has logged on with AAD credentials: No Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled:...