Windows 10: Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard

Discus and support Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using Iogear keyboard with built in trackball model gkb635w, was fine, upgraded to 2004, buttons work, no pointer. Install on older version it works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KennerCosten, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard

Using Iogear keyboard with built in trackball model gkb635w, was fine, upgraded to 2004, buttons work, no pointer. Install on older version it works. Installed older adesso with trackball and worked. Something in update not working. Contacted IOGEAR as well, as these are PNP devices the dont have drivers.

:)

KennerCosten, Jul 25, 2020
  2. JHHIS Win User

IOGEAR GFR309 not recognized by Windows 10

I have an IOGEAR GFR309 USB card reader. It works perfectly well with my Windows 8.1 pro laptop, but it is not recognized by Windows 10 on a different laptop (Windows 10 home) and on a Toshiba AllInOne (which I guess is a glorified laptop) Windows 10 pro.

The USB device information in device manager indicate the device is operating. It is not recognized by file Explorer. When I plug it in, I hear the MS sound of a new device being attached. The USB driver shows it is the most up to date.

I contacted IOGEAR, but they were not helpful at all. Why? Because on their Windows 10 computer, the device works. BUT I have two Windows 10 devices on which it doesn't work. IOGEAR actually offered to replace the card reader, even though they contended
    it wasn't their problem. I took them up on their kind offer, and the one I received didn't work on my Windows 10 computers, but worked on the Windows 8.1 computer.

I don't want to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10, because, I will then be unable to use the card reader (I use the reader to read a Sony memory stick that works with my old camera).

Anyone have any suggestions? thanks!!

JHHIS, Jul 25, 2020
  3. windows 10 not recognizing keyboard and trackball drivers or acknowledging connections

I suggest you try Dariain's fix above. You do need to have access to a second computer. I wiped out everything, which I would not suggest you do. Keep your files--it is an option. Also back up your stuff to an external hard drive and make sure it worked
    and can be opened. My backup failed, but my keyboards and trackballs all work now. I hate touchpad too. Whatever it took to get my trackball back functioning, it was worth it. Good luck.

FrankieHarvey-Shea, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard

windows 10 not recognizing keyboard and trackball drivers or acknowledging connections

Hello everyone!

Everything was working fine until I did a reboot and suddenly the USB trackball and keyboard would not function. I switched to different USB devices, and they did not work either. This is on a new Dell Inspiron 3664. I finally got access to the machine with
    a wireless keyboard that has a touchpad. I hate that touchpad, and desperately need to be able to use a trackball. Even the mouse that came with the computer will not work. When I check the settings I am told that there are no drivers for the accessories,
    but I have downloaded the latest drivers. They are on the machine. It will not even recognize the Dell keyboard and house that came with the desktop. I checked updating the drivers for the USB ports themselves and they are all up to date. It is not the filter
    issue--I had that one and corrected it a week earlier. The keyboard is a Fellowes split keyboard, which is working fine on my windows 7 machine right now. The trackballs are a Logitech and a Kensington Orbit. The keyboard/touchpad that works with a dongle
    plugged into a USB port is a Logitech. I did have Zone Alarm on the Windows 10 machine, and uninstalled it. I have done at least four system restores trying to fix this.

FrankieHarvey-Shea, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard

1. Win 10 2004 does not recognize the trackball on my iogear keyboard - Similar Threads - 2004 does recognize

2. Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd?: Why my win 10 does not recognize empty music cd? full ones are ok both CD and DVD 's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-win-10-does-not-recognize-empty-music-cd/e739d197-4334-44fd-aac1-59705a38a868
  3. Trackball & Keyboard Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackball & Keyboard Freeze: We purchased a new Lenovo desktop that came with windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro so it would work with our office system. We use a Logitech keyboard and trackball with a unifyier. We have had a lot of issues with the computer locking up and requiring a hard...
  4. Trackball & Keyboard Freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackball & Keyboard Freeze: We purchased a new Lenovo desktop that came with windows 11 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Pro so it would work with our office system. We use a Logitech keyboard and trackball with a unifyier. We have had a lot of issues with the computer locking up and requiring a hard...
  5. Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update: Since most recently updating Windows my USB keyboard does not seem to be recognized at startup, after either shutdown or reboot. I can restore it by unplugging and replugging the USB cable, but this must be done every time Windows loads....
  6. Win 10 2004 External Hard disk not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004 External Hard disk not recognized: Last week I got windows update to 2004 version. It showed up as optional update so i updated it. Everything was running OK, so i thought to keep the update. I realized yesterday that my external hard disk was not being recognized by windows anymore. I have an WD Easystore...
  7. Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro

Computer Does not Recognize Win 10 Pro: I upgraded from Vista to Win 10 Pro. Windows Pro seems to be working ok. When I try to upload the latest drivers for my Dell computer, I do not see the operating system Win 10. It only shows Vista and Win XP. How come It does not show Win 10 as a operating system...
  8. Win 10 does not recognize my admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 does not recognize my admin account: Hi! I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and as a result Win 10 does not recognize my admin account (I was using fingerprint to access it without a password), and now it does not open with fingerprint and does not accept any possible passwords. Moreover, I cannot use advanced...
  9. Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding

Unifying keyboard and trackball occasionally not responding: I have a K360 keyboard and an M570 trackball joined the same Unifying device. They occasionally stop responding for a while, usually just one at a time, but sometimes, they both quit working for quite a while. Is this more likely a Logitech problem or a Microsoft problem, and...
  10. Win 10 does not recognize scanner

Win 10 does not recognize scanner: Hi, my win 10 64-bit install does not recognize my ACER 640U scanner. I have downloaded the correct driver but win 10 does not install it. When I access "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel and I click on "Add Device", point to the location of the .inf file, nothing...