Windows 10: Win 10 20H2: Network Shares kills File Explorer

Discus and support Win 10 20H2: Network Shares kills File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, after the upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 we have the problem that the File Explorer does not react anymore if the noteobook is not connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pictop, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Pictop Win User

Win 10 20H2: Network Shares kills File Explorer

Hello,

after the upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 we have the problem that the File Explorer does not react anymore if the noteobook is not connected to the business network and file shares are mapped. If the user is connected via VPN it works without problems. This problem makes the notebook unusable.

If you disconnect the shares, the explorer works as expected.

Regards,

pictop

:)

Pictop, Dec 1, 2020
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Dec 1, 2020
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

File sharing windows 10 network

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see shared folders in File Explorer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

I would suggest you to check if Network discovery is on or not. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to Control Panel > Click on
      Network and Internet >
      Click on Network and Sharing Center.

2. Click on Change advance sharing settings
      on the left pane.
    3. Select Turn on network discovery
      under Private and Guest network.
    4. Click on Save changes.

You may also want to refer the article on
    Map a network drive

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 20H2: Network Shares kills File Explorer - Similar Threads - 20H2 Network Shares

2. Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing: We have many of the systems running with Windows 10 with the build 18363.1256, and with those builds, we don’t face any problem with the network mapped drives. When we connect either by LAN or Wireless, the internet explorer will work without any issues. The problem occurs...
  3. Ver. 20H2 kills Network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ver. 20H2 kills Network: I have relatively new HP tower. Running VER.1909. It has the Realtek PCIe Network driver. I have tried to install 20H2 4 times adn tried all teh fixes. rest driver, installed new driver, modified Reg. edit. Did all the Win. Network troubleshooting apps, Change PC name.....
  4. Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer: This is a small but annoying problem. When I click on the "Network" link in File Explorer, it takes a long time to open. It's only a couple of minutes but it seem to take forever compared to opening other folders. If I open the network from two other computers on the...
  5. Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10

Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10: Hello, Im trying to solve this problem for a while now. Mapped network drive Windows 7 cause file explorer to crash. The strange thing is that the problem only appears after cold start and can be solved by just restarting the computer. Also on other computers with...
  6. File Sharing in Win 10

File Sharing in Win 10: Where is the "HOMEGROUP" in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing-in-win-10/eb10f3d9-7b04-4f52-b8c3-8d5846c793a4
  7. Win 10 File Sharing

Win 10 File Sharing: Have a new Win 10 desktop that does not accept files on the Network. Cannot Copy a file from a Win 10 laptop to the C:\Users\Public Folder on the new Win 10 desktop. In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings: Public Folder...
  8. File sharing with Win 10

File sharing with Win 10: Just installed a new laptop on my network. The computers can't all see each other or share folders/ files/ drives. From Explorer, I have right-clicked on the C: drive, and given access to Everyone with Read/Write permission. What is wrong? There are 3 computers on the...
  9. Win 10 not accessing shares on the network

Win 10 not accessing shares on the network: I have a problem that Win 10 Is not accessing any share on the network. Shared folders, File server drives are also not accessible. just error 0x80070035. I have tried almost every thing on the internet but unable to solve the problem.....please any suggestions are highly...
  10. Win 10 Network sharing failure

Win 10 Network sharing failure: Hi For some reason this has stopped working as expected (I think) after creator's update on PC had to be applied manually as automated update kept failing. I am trying to share specific folders between laptop and pc which was working fine before and I was able to see...