Windows 10: Win 10 20H2(updated 12/25/) kills backup speed of Macrium Reflect and Aoemi backuppper to USB3

Discus and support Win 10 20H2(updated 12/25/) kills backup speed of Macrium Reflect and Aoemi backuppper to USB3 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Thought it was across all my usb drives, but now it across similar image backup apps Guessing 20H2's method of creating image is having issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Win 10 20H2(updated 12/25/) kills backup speed of Macrium Reflect and Aoemi backuppper to USB3

Thought it was across all my usb drives, but now it across similar image backup apps

Guessing 20H2's method of creating image is having issues with 20H2. under 2004 Reflect could backup 128gigs in 22mins. Imaged my c-drive of 2004 with reflect. now image under 20H2 Reflect says 3hrs. Aoemi, took about 90mins for the same 128gig drive.

I can copy 10gigs (iso images) from local hd to USB3 external drive in about 2m30sec,

Realize that these apps also do compression, but Reflect going from 22mins running Win 10 2004 to 3hrs under 20H2 is crazy.

submitted by /u/captain_dylan_hunt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/captain_dylan_hunt, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

Geeks check this out (quote from Tell your backup software, win Macrium Reflect Home license! - Windows 10 Forums):

Another quote that might interest you (from post #2 in TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016 - Windows 10 Forums):

3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Win 10 20H2(updated 12/25/) kills backup speed of Macrium Reflect and Aoemi backuppper to USB3 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 26, 2020
  4. comcom Win User

Win 10 20H2(updated 12/25/) kills backup speed of Macrium Reflect and Aoemi backuppper to USB3

Speed of Macrium backup using rescue media vs Macrium in win 10?

I have done macrium reflect full backup in my windows 10 and it requires many hours to complete. Has anyone done a comparision of how much faster would it be if you do a macrium reflect full backup (whole windows 10 system and data) by using a rescue media vs doing a macrium reflect full backup by macrium software installed inside windows 10?
    Macrium support told me the speed will be about the same even if I use macrium rescue media to do the full backup.

Any other faster macrium reflect full backup suggestion?

A few years ago I was using acronis and it is much faster when doing a full backup using acronis rescue media vs using acronis inside windows 10. Maybe Macrium works differently.

Thanks

~~~~~
    I asked macrium reflect support
    "May I know can I do a macrium reflect full backup by using a boot up cd? Will doing a macrium reflect full backup by using a boot up cd be much faster than doing a macrium reflect full backup inside windows 10? How to do a macrium boot cd? I used to do my acronis full backup using a acronis boot up disk and it is much faster doing a full backup inside windows using acronis software installed in windows. I just want to know if macrium have similar way of speeding up the backup duration."

Macrium reflect support replied
    "Yes, you are able to take a Full Backup of your computer when using the Macrium Reflect Rescue Media. If the Rescue Media has all the appropriate drivers then the speed should be the same as that when taking the image in Windows, any speed differences are likely to be negligible. The main advantage of taking an image through Rescue Media is that no third party software will be running so nothing should interfere with its attempt to take a backup. The disadvantage is because you have to boot the computer into the Rescue Media, you will not be able to do anything else with the computer whilst you are attempting to take a backup. Please see the following article for guidance on how to create Rescue Media. Creating rescue media - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase "
    ~~~~~

comcom, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 20H2(updated 12/25/) kills backup speed of Macrium Reflect and Aoemi backuppper to USB3

1. Win 10 20H2(updated 12/25/) kills backup speed of Macrium Reflect and Aoemi backuppper to USB3 - Similar Threads - 20H2 updated kills

2. Macrium Reflect in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect in Win 10: Can Macrium Reflect in Win 10 image a XP drive to another and the new drive will still boot? Or because its a bit copy it doesn't matter? Long story, My Mom is used to XP and is NOT online. She does 2 things on her computer so what she has is fine. I want to give her a newer...
  3. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  4. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  5. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  6. Macrium Reflect update

Macrium Reflect update: Hello, While making a weekly backup (differential or full) with Macrium version 6, I was notifyedthere is an update for this version, downloaded and installed the update.Then opened the product's site and saw there is a new version - 7, on one page it says free editionhere...
  7. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  8. Macrium Reflect user? Upgraded Win 10? Check your backup definition

Macrium Reflect user? Upgraded Win 10? Check your backup definition: I thought I'd share something which just caught me out with Macrium Reflect Free. The Win10 upgrade seemed to cause Macrium to change the scope of what it backed up, and effectively exclude a partition form being backed up. My old laptop which I use for most things was...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File: I think I understand the idea behind the Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File. It saves backup settings so you don’t need to re-enter them. What I don’t get is how it’s supposed to be used over time. Right now I create a new one every time I do a full backup and then use it...