Windows 10: Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login

Discus and support Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After updating to Win 10 21H1 version, every time I turn on my system and connect, the screen goes black for about 6 minutes. It happened only after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HelenHolt3, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login

After updating to Win 10 21H1 version, every time I turn on my system and connect, the screen goes black for about 6 minutes. It happened only after the system was updated to version 21H1.

:)

HelenHolt3, Oct 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 - black screen with cursor after login

Hi WB,

I had a similar Black Screen problem I documented on this site and solved my problem.

The following may not help you but it fixed my problem.

MS responses in this forum are formulaic based upon keywords IMHO.

Try this:

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you get bored and decide to reboot. I've had the experience that after a MS software update that when the computer reboots, it sits there with a Black screen
      for a while. I've seen this a few times and if I walked away and come back 30-60 minutes later, it often is working.
    • Alternatively, (I've seen this several times), at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on. My display card ( an Nvidia variant I think ) sometimes has trouble upon boot. When I cycle the monitor off/on, the display
      comes up and works.
    • The following solution to a Black Screen problem was discovered after I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 (2 weeks later). MS had pushed some update which conflicted with a Startup program and then the startup list was aborted and the S/W was left in an
      unstable state. Try this:
      • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
        middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, bail out. This solution will not work for you.
      • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe (if you remember that). Go to the Start Up tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup
        programs. Save and restart.
      • There is an element of educated guesswork here but for me this solved my problem and upon the next boot, I was able to see the desktop and navigate the menus.
      • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    I did not need to re-install Windows or re-install device drivers as seems to be the popular suggestions.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

SteveHirsch_Moorpark, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Oct 26, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login

1. Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login - Similar Threads - 21H1 update black

2. Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update: HelloSo, since today, my windows 10 Laptop shows me a black screen after LOGONThat means it bootsIt shows me the Windows Logon screen with background, it shows my WIFI is connected.As soon as I put in my PIN it will load for a long time, then show a black screen.I do not see...
  3. Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update: HelloSo, since today, my windows 10 Laptop shows me a black screen after LOGONThat means it bootsIt shows me the Windows Logon screen with background, it shows my WIFI is connected.As soon as I put in my PIN it will load for a long time, then show a black screen.I do not see...
  4. Win 10, Black screen after Login possible after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login: After updating to Win 10 21H1 version, every time I turn on my system and connect, the screen goes black for about 6 minutes. It happened only after the system was updated to version 21H1....
  6. Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 21H1 update black screen for 6 minutes after login: After updating to Win 10 21H1 version, every time I turn on my system and connect, the screen goes black for about 6 minutes. It happened only after the system was updated to version 21H1....
  7. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  8. Black screen after windows login (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after windows login (Win 10): Hi all, I am desperate for help with this issue, its been happening every day for over a week now and I really dont want to have to reinstall windows. Whats happens is when i turn my PC on it comes up with my login user screen, I input my PIN and it loads for 10-15 seconds...
  9. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  10. Win 10 2004 update- Black Screen for 4 min after Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 2004 update- Black Screen for 4 min after Login: After Update to Win 10 2004 version every time i turn on my system and logged in the screen goes black for about 4 min. Happening only after I update the system to version 2004....