Windows 10: Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher

Discus and support Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I read somewhere that Visual Styles themes made for Win 8.1 will work on Win 10 using either the patch UXstyles (which works by retaining settings in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MR864 728, Jul 8, 2015.

1. MR864 728 Win User

Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher

I read somewhere that Visual Styles themes made for Win 8.1 will work on Win 10 using either the patch UXstyles (which works by retaining settings in memory) or "Ultra UX Theme Patcher" (which physically changes/replaces certain system files but allows you to restore original files.)

Has anybody tried changing themes in Win 10 Insider Preview to test to what degree themes made for Win 8.1 work? *Think

My understanding is that once you apply the patch either uxstyles OR Ultra Theme Patcher you place the new theme in the theme/resource folder ,reboot, and then just go back to the system preferences and choose your theme.

the only warning that I know is that if you choose to uninstall uxstyles or ultra ux theme patcher is that you choose first a standard Win 8 or Win 10 native theme from the WinOS then reboot and, then you uninstall otherwise on reboot the system will become confuse and might endup with a black screen

here are some themes from Deviantart

made for Win 8.1

Swift : :: Swift :: for Win 8/8.1 Final by sagorpirbd on DeviantArt

Ecology: :: Ecology :: for Win 8/8.1 Final by sagorpirbd on DeviantArt

SoftGlass : :: Soft Glass 8 :: Final for Win 8/8.1 by sagorpirbd on DeviantArt

Snow Leopard: :: Snow Leopard :: for Win 8/8.1 Final by sagorpirbd on DeviantArt

MacOS style by Zeus: Macos X style theme for Windows 8.1 by ZEUSosX on DeviantArt

MacOS Lynx by Zeus: Mac os X LynX for Windows 8.1 by ZEUSosX on DeviantArt

Strictly made for Win 10:

Vanilla: Vanilla for Windows 10 Technical Preview by link6155 on DeviantArt

Licorice: Licorice for Windows 10 Technical Preview by link6155 on DeviantArt

Silk: Silk for Windows 10 Technical Preview by link6155 on DeviantArt

=Thank you-

:)

MR864 728, Jul 8, 2015

2. Can't Compress Files While Using a Visual Style

Hi community,

I recently started using visual styles on my Windows 10 system and have loved it. It gives me so much freedom to change the complete look of my PC. Unfortunately, i just came across a downfall, when i try to compress files into a zipped folder, nothing happens.

I have tried:

- Right clicking on files and clicking Send to Compressed (Zipped) Folder

- Moving files into existing zipped folder

- Copying files into zipped folder

- Changing visual styles

- Changing theme patchers (from UXStyle to UntraUXThemePatcher)

Here's the thing, when i switch back to a theme that uses default Aero, i can magically compress again! I have no clue how themes would be effecting my ability to compress, so i figured this would be a good place to ask.

Thanks for any help,

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CyberGen49, Jul 8, 2015
  3. Catper Win User
    Taskbar Pinned Apps Custom Icons Changed Automatically to Default When App is Running

no i don't use any third party app to change themes etc. i am using windows default themes/visual style as you can see in the screen shots provided above.

Catper, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Jul 8, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    BIG WARNING: Before using a patcher create a system image!!!! The clean up process is near impossible in 8.1, and you can just forget it in Win10 right now. Yes I patch just see my posts in Show Your Desktop. There is a UXStyles for Win10 preview, use that. Go to this thread I created.

Cliff S, Jul 8, 2015
  6. MR864 728 Win User
    Please posts your results with your experience on recent Windows 10 Insider preview edition. Although there are certain risks when using 3rd party software or patches there is a whole industry and community that uses such solutions because there is a big need by users. People like to have other "looks and feel" on their OS, some may like dark themes,some may like light themes,but most like more complex artistic themes, It's a matter of taste much like the color of your car or clothes. The whole point of TESTING an OS that is not officially released is to try new things both for stabiliy and compatibility and also personalization. You should always have a method of backup to restore your system for any procedure that may potentially change your system. This is even true for some software installation. The overall record for these types of patches are very good considering that they've been around for 6+ years, WinXP,Windows Vista,Windows7,Windows 8. In most cases the problem arises from the way people remove the patches. Many people need to know the stability on Win 10 before the official Win 10 OS comes out. It's better for people to see the problems now so that they can be addressed promptly.

thank you

MR864 728, Jul 8, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    It's not really ready for ten. Closing a window leaves a ghost image on the desktop that sometimes vanishes when the desktop is clicked, and as usual, it breaks something, like it did MMC in Win7 or the right click on Apps & Start Screens in Win8.1. but those are just annoyances that can be gotten around by advanced users. Other than that it worked good for me, one just has to remember to switch to a windows theme when Microsoft sends patches, especially for IE.

Cliff S, Jul 8, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

Some themes do some interesting things when custom colors are applied.

'Licorice' with Gold Taskbar/Start Menu:

Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 20, 2015
  9. will4958 Win User
    I've actually been able to apply a few different themes to Windows 10 Pro and Home that look pretty good using either UltraUXThemePatcher 3.0.2, or some version of UXStyle. The theme I currently have on my laptop, running Windows 10 Home, is Longhorn Revealed 10, which adds some nice eye candy to the windows. Others I've tried are HUD (a fairly darktheme), Royal 8 Remixed (Windows 7 style), and Kongo (kind of basic with somewhat normal looking mouse pointers). HUD looks pretty cool, but for some reason it makes my Start Menu look a little jerky when it pops up, as do the other themes I mentioned with the exception of Longhorn Revealed 10, which runs pretty smooth. At any rate, after applying the 10565 insider update, I once again lost full theme support, which I had before applying the update. Don't get me wrong, my title bars still look nice, even without being able to theme them, but I already miss the full theme look I had before applying the update. My question is this; has anyone been able to fully theme Windows 10 after applying one of the insider updates, and if so, how did you do it? I'm using my laptop right now, and the theme I have applied almost makes me want to revert my desktop to where I had it before the update. Sorry for making this so long, and thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this War and Peace size post.*Tongue

will4958, Oct 14, 2015
  10. Preppy Win User
    10565 updates the Styles files (in order to provide the new white assets used for darker themes). Since people using the colorized title bar trick theme wouldn't have those updates, those people's machines would have become non-functional. As such it looks like they added in new blocks to prevent the colorized title bar trick theme from breaking people's systems. This breaks the UXTheme patcher for now. *Sad

Preppy, Oct 16, 2015
  11. will4958 Win User
    No biggie. I decided to revert back to the previous build because I was really starting to miss being able to theme. Still can't figure out why certain themes seem to make the Start Menu pop up a little jerkily, though. It always seems to be the dark themes.

will4958, Oct 16, 2015
  12. no biggie except that when the new build (TH2) is released later this month it will also probably break the UXtheme patcher =/ then we're all fooked eh

parabola90, Nov 9, 2015
  13. will4958 Win User

That's OK, I've kind of gotten used to the somewhat blocky look. The fact that I can play my Asphalt 8: Airborne game again makes it worth it. I'm sure eventually someone will develop a theme patcher that'll work with these preview builds. Speaking of which, how many of these preview builds are there gonna be, especially considering all these are being applied to a full released version? Just curious.

will4958, Nov 9, 2015
  14. aatanasov Win User
    Hello guys!

I am looking for a theme patcher that works with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082.

Thank you in advance!

aatanasov, Jan 3, 2016
  15. Bongo Win User
    Bongo, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 3rd Party Visual Style Themes w/ UXStyles or Ultra UX Patcher - Similar Threads - 3rd Party Visual

2. Using 3rd party themes/skins

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using 3rd party themes/skins: I am a total beginner to this, is there a difference between skins and themes? I have been reading up but getting confused about the best method. Ultimately, I want to change my taskbar, windows, buttons, etc, everything. I would like to create my very own skin from scratch....
  3. Is Ultra Uxtheme Patcher Safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Ultra Uxtheme Patcher Safe?: This might be a dumb question I love to customize Windows, and I want some custom themes but I just don't know if ultra uxtheme will break my computer. I'm on Windows 10 home 1909 submitted by /u/tushy444 [link] [comments]...
  4. Win 10 some UI elements 3rd party theme color resets to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 some UI elements 3rd party theme color resets to default: Hello, I have Win10 1909 and using 3rd party themes (black one). Recently I have found out that with applied 3rd party theme, some UI elements may lose their theme color after some time. I have searched for the culprit a long time and found it, everyone can reproduce this:...
  5. Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme: Hey guys please help meee. I installed a third party theme from deviant art and my screen went black. All i can see on my screen is just pure black. I pressed my power button down for 3 seconds to power off my laptop and when i opened my laptop back again the hp logo shows up...
  6. Visual Styles-Related Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Visual Styles-Related Error: Whenever I go to save a .gpx file in Magellan VantagePoint software, I receive the following error...Visual Styles-related operation resulted in an error because visual styles are currently disabled in the client area. When I close the error message dialogue box, I receiver...
  7. Visual Styles-

in Windows 10 Support
    Visual Styles-: Visual Styles-related operation resulted in an error because visual styles are currently disabled in the client area.
  8. Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed

Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed: I recently installed a new windows 10 update, after updating I reinstalled uxstyle and theme patcher, unfortunately when I go to settings > personalization > themes, settings crashes! Is there a solution or will I have to wait for an update? 86437
  9. Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240)

Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240): Hello, I have been trying to use custom themes on my laptop for the past 2 months, but none of them work fully, and just end up changing the desktop wallpaper, cursor and some colours on the windows, etc. example of the theme I'm currently trying (what it's supposed to...
  10. System flickers after installation of 3rd Party Theme Plugin

in Windows 10 Support
    System flickers after installation of 3rd Party Theme Plugin: So, recently I took a big risk of installing "Uxstyle" for my Lenovo laptop. After that the next time I switch my laptop on, it booted normally to the lock screen. But from there it started to flicker between the lock screen and the blue loading screen, stopping me from being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uxtheme patcher themes