Windows 10: Win 10 64 bit crash

Discus and support Win 10 64 bit crash in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Damn win10. I have my computer set to automatically shut down at 6:00 in the morning in case I have left my computer on. This time, just moments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kevin Proudler, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Win 10 64 bit crash

Damn win10. I have my computer set to automatically shut down at 6:00 in the morning in case I have left my computer on. This time, just moments before6:00, I was entering a YouTube comment on Firefox 73.0.1, when the shut down occurred. Then, after powering back up, it tells me that an error has occurred, and then says it is fixing it, and then it shuts down. Then I power up again and it does the same thing again. Then, on round three, it claims to have fixed the problem by removing recent updates. **** ??? This has occurred twice now.

Help ?

:)

Kevin Proudler, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Gary602 Win User

64 bit Win 10

I have been using 64 bit Win 7 and upgraded to Win 10, which stuck me with 32 bit.

How do I get to 64 bit Win 10?

Gary602, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Upgrade Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit.

You have to do a "clean install" of Win 10 64 bit. There is no "upgrade" process from 32 to 64 bit.

Did you have Win 7 Home or Pro. There is no "free upgrade" from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro. You have to do that upgrade in at least 2 steps:

Win 7 Home to Pro to Win 10 Pro

OR

Win 7 Home to Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

The 32 bit to 64 bit upgrade is a separate additional step.

Run the WinVer command. What Version and Build do you have?

If you have Version 1803, many people have reported "accidental" upgrades from Home to Pro by MS. But that "upgrade" doesn't work!

Rohn007, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Somebody Win User

Win 10 64 bit crash

Will this work with going from Win 7 Pro 32-bit to Win 10 Pro 64-bit?

I wonder if there is any problem for going this route with installing Win 10/64-bit on a computer that had Win 7/32-bit (without ever installing Win 10/32-bit)?
    Basically I am thinking about the process described here: How to Switch From 32-bit Windows 10 to 64-bit Windows 10 while skipping the middle step, - by using Shawn's solution.

Somebody, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 64 bit crash

1. Win 10 64 bit crash - Similar Threads - bit crash

2. Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...: I have had the same Windows 11freezing up when idle issues. Looking at event viewer to find the culprit I tried disabling Volume Shadow copy and BITS services and the freezing seems to have stopped. I think they should not be disabled. What should I do to further clear up...
  3. Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezing crashing only when idle. BITS and Volume shadow copy disable stops...: I have had the same Windows 11freezing up when idle issues. Looking at event viewer to find the culprit I tried disabling Volume Shadow copy and BITS services and the freezing seems to have stopped. I think they should not be disabled. What should I do to further clear up...
  4. Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...: Good afternoon, everyone. Yesterday I had the unfortunate experience of Bitlocker activating on my computer, even though I had NEVER activated it or knew of its existence. When I tried to log in to my Microsoft e-mail, I got the message that there had been several attempts...
  5. Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...

Bit locker crashed my computer and I can't recover my e-mail or my data. Literally a data...: Good afternoon, everyone. Yesterday I had the unfortunate experience of Bitlocker activating on my computer, even though I had NEVER activated it or knew of its existence. When I tried to log in to my Microsoft e-mail, I got the message that there had been several attempts...
  6. Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup: HelloI believe the title explained it the best I could. A bit after bootup my pc get blue screened.Doesn't happen all that often but sometimes games are also crashing.Here are my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfMrMmZiM0iM8It_tOnK8We-0YDYLlul/view?usp=share_link...
  7. Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup: HelloI believe the title explained it the best I could. A bit after bootup my pc get blue screened.Doesn't happen all that often but sometimes games are also crashing.Here are my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfMrMmZiM0iM8It_tOnK8We-0YDYLlul/view?usp=share_link...
  8. Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup

9. BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, why is it crashing my windows 10 64-bit lenovo

BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, why is it crashing my windows 10 64-bit lenovo: Hi,Over the last two weeks I started getting BSOD daily. I factory restored my computer this week and thought the issue was solved. But today, I got another BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA dmp file: 040723-17750-01.dmp. The Drive View and System Information files are...
  10. BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, why is it crashing my windows 10 64-bit lenovo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, why is it crashing my windows 10 64-bit lenovo: Hi,Over the last two weeks I started getting BSOD daily. I factory restored my computer this week and thought the issue was solved. But today, I got another BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA dmp file: 040723-17750-01.dmp. The Drive View and System Information files are...