Windows 10: win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep

Discus and support win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When waking from sleep, win 10 64 bit 1809 shuts down and restarts twice then does a cold boot, Why??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nevillematthews1, Feb 5, 2019.

1. win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep

When waking from sleep, win 10 64 bit 1809 shuts down and restarts twice then does a cold boot,

Why??

:)

nevillematthews1, Feb 5, 2019
  2. G70115 Win User

Extended Sleep Issue In Win 10 64-bit Home OS - won't wake from long sleep

I just completed my upgrade to Win 10 64-bit Home OS. I am currently encountering extended sleep issue and after prolong sleeping, the system won't wake from long sleep. In some cases, the system shut down, but the key displays lights are not shut off
    and the computer will not respond after the shut down.

I heard there is an update that address this issue, can someone please send me a link for this update to Win 10 Home!!

When this happens, I am only able to reset this issue by removing the battery pack from my Dell Notebook (Inspiron 15 Series 7000). This means removing the back panel and removing the battery pack and putting it back together again.

Your help in this issue is deeply appreciated !!

Thanks,

G70115, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop.

I think the sleep feature in the Win 10/64 on my laptop has become corrupted. When I put the machine to sleep, sometimes it wakes normally, but about 70% of the time, on waking the machine has shut down and re-boots.

I know MS Office has an online repair feature, so I was wondering if Win 10 does something like this. I'd like to troubleshoot a bit, before I go all the way to reinstalling Windows.

forkenbrock, Feb 5, 2019
  4. RWPhilips Win User

win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep

Desktop won't wake from sleep using mouse or keyboard using Win 10

I have a desktop that used to run Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit that I updated to Win 10 Pro 64 bit. The Win 7 machine always woke up from sleep using the mouse or keyboard. After the Win 10 upgrade, neither device wakes the computer. I checked the hardware settings
    of both devices and they are set to "wake the computer from sleep."

I can hit the power button and it will go through a "boot" process and then perform a wake up but that is wrong!

RWPhilips, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep

1. win 10 64 bit shuts down and restarts twice after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - bit shuts down

2. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  3. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  4. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  6. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  7. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  8. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  9. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it? 11121