Windows 10: WIN 10 64 bit will not startup

Discus and support WIN 10 64 bit will not startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been running win 10 on my desktop for the last month and all was great. Yesterday I installed Roxio NXT 4 (I know it is not this forums problem)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnM72, May 8, 2016.

1. JohnM72 Win User

WIN 10 64 bit will not startup

I have been running win 10 on my desktop for the last month and all was great. Yesterday I installed Roxio NXT 4 (I know it is not this forums problem) anyway after the install win 10 will not start. I get the message(s) that it is trying to repair but it cannot. I am trying to boot into safe mode but I cannot seem to find a way. I found bcdedit and can set to start in safe mode but I cannot get the system to reboot. it always comes to the repair message. I think the registry is hosed!
    If I can get to safe mode I can use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of Roxio... I think *Confused

I do have a rescue DVD and a recovery thumb drive.
    Thanks J

:)

JohnM72, May 8, 2016

2. Win 10 Pro 64 bit will not load 64 bit programs

Thanks much for your help. Sorry to have wasted your time, but at least my mind is a rest.

CatShot(2), May 8, 2016
  3. Win 10 Pro 64 bit will not load 64 bit programs

It's most definitely 32 bit then.

Shouldn't make that much difference unless you know of one. You might ask them if you contact them about it.

I know I don't notice the difference in Office.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, using a suitable boot disk (e.g. Win 10 or the boot disk here (see Software and Apps) you could try using a system restore point if you have any (System Restore is turned off by default, so you'd have had to have enabled it).

However, if sthg nasty has happened, you may not be able to use system restore.

Do you know how to get to Safe Mode normally? You can get to it from a Win 10 boot disk as well as from Shift Restart from a Power icon.

Do you have any disk images? Disk imaging (strongly recommended here- e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage) allows you to restore your PC to a previously working state quite quickly and without technical help.

If your registry is damaged there is a way to restore a backup copy using a boot disk.

dalchina, May 8, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. WIN 10 64 bit will not startup - Similar Threads - bit startup

2. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup: Anyone know why this setup/uninstall 32 bit app keeps opening on startup?The powershell file location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 which shows powershell.exeThe Setup file location is: C:\Users\Darrow\AppData\Local\Temp\is-TS9PE.tmp which shows...
  3. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup: Anyone know why this setup/uninstall 32 bit app keeps opening on startup?The powershell file location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 which shows powershell.exeThe Setup file location is: C:\Users\Darrow\AppData\Local\Temp\is-TS9PE.tmp which shows...
  4. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup: HelloI believe the title explained it the best I could. A bit after bootup my pc get blue screened.Doesn't happen all that often but sometimes games are also crashing.Here are my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfMrMmZiM0iM8It_tOnK8We-0YDYLlul/view?usp=share_link...
  6. Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup: HelloI believe the title explained it the best I could. A bit after bootup my pc get blue screened.Doesn't happen all that often but sometimes games are also crashing.Here are my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfMrMmZiM0iM8It_tOnK8We-0YDYLlul/view?usp=share_link...
  7. Windows 10 crashes a bit after startup

8. Windows 10 32 bit BSOD after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 32 bit BSOD after startup: I am having BSOD just 1-3 minutes just after startup on windows 32 bit laptop. kindly find below dump files.Before this everything is working, I just installed Kyocera printer drivers. So I tried to uninstall the driver within the minute it was working before BSOD occurs. I...
  9. Windows 10 32 bit BSOD after startup

Windows 10 32 bit BSOD after startup: I am having BSOD just 1-3 minutes just after startup on windows 32 bit laptop. kindly find below dump files.Before this everything is working, I just installed Kyocera printer drivers. So I tried to uninstall the driver within the minute it was working before BSOD occurs. I...
  10. Windows 10 32 bit BSOD after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware