Windows 10: Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

Discus and support Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalBear37, May 5, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad

If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10?

:)

CalBear37, May 5, 2015

2. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

download j2me edition of blueftp to your x2. Configure the settings on application access.

Then browse files, highlight the file which you want to hide press 9

three action will appear.

generalmember, May 5, 2015
  3. Battōsai Win User
    PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

Battōsai, May 5, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

I did an upgrade but I never used the Windows Media stuff. I suppose it would kill it.

Gary, May 5, 2015
  5. paulsalter, May 5, 2015
  6. LittleJay Win User
    WMC was removed when I ran the upgrade over my 8.1 install. *Sad

LittleJay, May 5, 2015
  7. CalBear37 Win User
    I'm wondering about the RTM version but I suspect it will be the same as the TP.

CalBear37, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8? - Similar Threads - refresh upgrade

2. Taskbar keeps popping up in fullscreen and refreshing after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps popping up in fullscreen and refreshing after upgrading to Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now my taskbar keeps popping up every few or so seconds when I'm on a fullscreen application such as a video. There also seems to be some kind of refreshing going on in the background as I notice the loading circle appearing out of...
  3. Taskbar keeps popping up in fullscreen and refreshing after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar keeps popping up in fullscreen and refreshing after upgrading to Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now my taskbar keeps popping up every few or so seconds when I'm on a fullscreen application such as a video. There also seems to be some kind of refreshing going on in the background as I notice the loading circle appearing out of...
  4. Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade: If I'm logged in as normal not admin user, my screen continually refreshes. The pause between refreshing gets shorter and shorter as time goes by. If I log in as admin, all is fine. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks....
  5. Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen continually refreshing after Windows 11 upgrade: If I'm logged in as normal not admin user, my screen continually refreshes. The pause between refreshing gets shorter and shorter as time goes by. If I log in as admin, all is fine. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks....
  6. Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loat USB Ports after Refreshing Windows 10 upgrade: After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10. My Desktop Computer would run slow so I Refreshed windows 10 and after doing so lost ALL USB Ports on the PC. So now I ask how to fix this if ALL Ports are not working which means I have lost the USB Ports for the following 1:...
  7. I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from...

I need to refresh my pc that is currently running windows 10 upgraded by Microsoft from...: I need to refresh, not restore my pc that is currently running windows 10. It came from the factory with window 8 and was upgraded for free by Microsoft when 10 came out. How can I do this and maintain windows 10? I don't have installation ware since MS did it. Can I still...
  8. Windows won't update, refresh, won't upgrade etc.

Windows won't update, refresh, won't upgrade etc.: Hello I have a problem with my Windows setup and I can't seem to do anything about it. I have multiple things that I can't do on my computer for some reason. I can't install windows apps from the store eg. Nvidia Control Panel, I can't update from settings, I tried to bypass...
  9. Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...: Hi, can you help me with this please. I am running Win10 on an old laptop, which originally came with OEM Win7, certificate of authenticity attached from when I first bought this laptop. I did a Windows "refresh" to cure problems after recent update (couldn't fix via...
  10. Refresh/Reset/Clean Install on Activated Free Upgrade Version?

Refresh/Reset/Clean Install on Activated Free Upgrade Version?: I have a laptop that came with Win7/8 that I upgraded to Win10 while it was free. The hard drive failed, so I replaced it, restored the OS to Win8 from backup, then upgraded back to Win10 and says it's activated. I have purchased a new laptop and want to sell this one,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 8 upgrade to win 10 refresh

2. safe to refresh win 10 from win 7 upgrade