Windows 10: Win 10: Acer Aspire: Screen-Saver and Lock Screen settings keep changing - without being...

Discus and support Win 10: Acer Aspire: Screen-Saver and Lock Screen settings keep changing - without being... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,My Windows 10 Acer Aspire 5 i7 laptop new keeps changing the following without being told to: Screen-saver settings. I set it to: after 1 min of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Acer91, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Acer91 Win User

Win 10: Acer Aspire: Screen-Saver and Lock Screen settings keep changing - without being...

Hello,My Windows 10 Acer Aspire 5 i7 laptop new keeps changing the following without being told to: Screen-saver settings. I set it to: after 1 min of inactivity, display 3D text. This lasts for about five minutes, then I check it in the settings and it reverts to default None. When I start the laptop again after shutdown, sleep, hibernate or just a short time using it, it resets without me telling it to.Lock screen settings. Similar. I set it to show a slideshow from one folder only. It does for a bit, but then again just chooses one picture and displays that only. I change it in settings

:)

Acer91, Jun 28, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

Howto change screen saver settings?

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with settings screen saver.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To change the screen saver settings, try the following steps:

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings

• Click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock Screen in the
      left pane

• Click on Screen Saver settings in the
      right pane.

• You may choose the required settings for screen saver.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Screen Saver and Sceen lock

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest setting up power options first before setting the screen saver. You may perform these steps:

• In the search box on the task bar, type Power Options,
      and then select Power Options.
    • Click Change Plan Settings.
    • Change the settings to Never.
    • Select Save changes.
    • Set your screen saver.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Win 10: Acer Aspire: Screen-Saver and Lock Screen settings keep changing - without being...

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10: Acer Aspire: Screen-Saver and Lock Screen settings keep changing - without being... - Similar Threads - Acer Aspire Screen

2. Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?: Windows 11 - Lenovo Thinkpad - All on the latest software releaseLock Screen and sleep are set to kick in after 15 minutes on battery and plugged in the power & battery settings.Screen saver revolving "windows" is set to kick in after 5 minutes - the option to have to log in...
  3. Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen/Screen Timeout/Screen Saver Ignore Settings - Fix?: Windows 11 - Lenovo Thinkpad - All on the latest software releaseLock Screen and sleep are set to kick in after 15 minutes on battery and plugged in the power & battery settings.Screen saver revolving "windows" is set to kick in after 5 minutes - the option to have to log in...
  4. Lock screen and screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen and screen saver: In Windows 11, how is it possible to get both the lock screen, and the timed screen saver to display photos, and then to put the computer to sleep after a time.Seem to be able to do one or the other but not both....
  5. Lock screen and screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen and screen saver: In Windows 11, how is it possible to get both the lock screen, and the timed screen saver to display photos, and then to put the computer to sleep after a time.Seem to be able to do one or the other but not both....
  6. Lock Screen and Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen and Screen Saver: 1. What is the difference in function between the the lock screen and screen saver? 2. Between the two, i.e., lock screen and screen saver, which one would allow the back-up process or any process for that matter to continue to run in the background? Thank you in advance....
  7. how to change screen saver settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change screen saver settings: want to change amount of time before screen saver turns on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-saver-settings/0b1bf1e5-ce2b-499b-b89a-477afd7195cc
  8. Changing Screen Saver settings on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Screen Saver settings on PC: There must be some way to increase the time to allow Windows update t****sh the desktop goes to bubbles and turn to black and blocks the update to finish. the circling little dots are not enough to keep it open long enough to install. ***Original title: How do I change...
  9. screen saver locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen saver locking: When my computer is idle the screen saver clicks in after the set time of 5 minutes however it won't come back on with the mouse or by pressing any key on the keyboard, I have to switch off, then on again, and then enter pin code and it resumes where it was but its a pain!...
  10. Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Screen Saver Settings in Windows 10 A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period of time to wait....