Windows 10: Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

Discus and support Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ladislaio, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Ladislaio Win User

Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA sticker with its security code and related information - WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR REFURBISHED PCS.This is the first time since it was purchased from the refurbishing supplier that this computer has had any hardware maintenance.Is there anything that I can do without buying another license?

:)

Ladislaio, Mar 25, 2022

2. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

Hey,

I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd.

The laptop does not have an additional hdd option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nikaash

NikaashSenpai, Mar 25, 2022
  3. Facing Win 10 activation problem after I replaced HDD & reinstalled Win 10

Hello,

So I am facing a peculiar problem, to which I cant think of any solution. I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 and unfortunately, the original HDD got corrupted sometime in January 2017. The other thing to note is that I hadn't updated to the Anniversary edition because
    of the much publicized problems. After a bit of self-diagnosis and consultation, I found that Winlogon service/folder had been affected due to the problem with the HDD. Since I had content on the C drive I could not afford to lose, the only solution advised
    to me was the replacement of the HDD. I managed to get the HDD replaced just a few hours ago. I had read up a bit on the activation process, and from what I had read, replacing the HDD shouldn't cause any issues with the product or activation key. So, I dived
    right into the Windows installation, and carefully selected the same edition of Win 10 - Home and not Pro. I even added my original Microsoft account (used in the older HDD) in case that was needed for restoration. However, despite all this, I got the activation
    error. The error code is 0x803F7001 and the error message is "Activation failed because this device doesn't have a valid digital entitlement or product key". Is there any way I can resolve this problem??

MadhuriAli, Mar 25, 2022
  4. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

Windows 10 activate After HDD to SSD Replacement

If I replace the HDD with an SSD and do a clean install of windows 10, the Microsoft activation server should recognize my system and activate it, or not?

Ramkesh.baghel, Mar 25, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

1. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement. - Similar Threads - Activation HDD replacement

2. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  3. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  4. Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD

Reinstalling Win 10 on replaced HDD: I have just replaced the HDD which had my windows 10 OS on it, this was an upgrade from win 7. I reinstalled win 7 then tried to upgrade to win 10 again. When I input the code from my Win 7 disc, as I did when I first upgraded, I get the error message saying that the code...
  5. replaced HDD: Windows activation

replaced HDD: Windows activation: My HDD has died and I am going to install SSD. Can I install Windows 10 on the SSD and activate it? I purchased this PC with pre-installed Windows 10 a while ago....
  6. Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced

Win 10 activation after motherboard replaced: I updated to Win 10 after 7/8 and things were great - then last week I had to replace my MoBo and now I cannot get the Win 10 to re-activate. My MS digital account does not show my Win 10 licence it does show my Office 365 subscription and an old Excel 2013 one and I think...
  7. Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...

Windows 10 don't activate after replacing HDD with SSD. Win10 is activated when HDD is...: Hello, I replaced my HDD with SSD and installed Windows 10. Using the SSD Windows10 is not activated I tried using the Troubleshoot options as well as deleting and adding devices on my Microsoft account. But still no success activating my Windows 10. I have a digital license...
  8. Windows 10 activate After HDD to SSD Replacement

Windows 10 activate After HDD to SSD Replacement: If I replace the HDD with an SSD and do a clean install of windows 10, the Microsoft activation server should recognize my system and activate it, or not?...
  9. Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement

Activating Win 10 after motherboard replacement: I had a Windows 10 computer with a digital license that was linked to my Microsoft account. It was upgraded from a Windows 7 license. The motherboard of that PC had a defect so I had to throw it away. After that I removed that computer from the device list of my Microsoft...
  10. Can't activate windows 10 after HDD replacement to SSD

Can't activate windows 10 after HDD replacement to SSD: Hello, my previous pc broke down, I placed the hard drive in a new pc and now it tells me to activate windows. Why should I rebuy windows if I don't use the old pc anymore? Does anyone have some tips?...