Windows 10: WIN 10 activation after reinstalling

Discus and support WIN 10 activation after reinstalling in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had Windows 8.1 running on my PC then I upgraded to Windows 10. However I had to do a hardware change and Windows 10 disactivated. Can you instruct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Santana Bucklin, Dec 27, 2018.

1. WIN 10 activation after reinstalling

I had Windows 8.1 running on my PC then I upgraded to Windows 10. However I had to do a hardware change and Windows 10 disactivated.

Can you instruct me how to activate Windows 10 again. I managed to download it but the setup failed and Windows 10 has gone..

:)

Santana Bucklin, Dec 27, 2018

2. active a win 10 reinstall

I got win 8 geniuene, then upgrade to win 10 for free. But now I must replace my HDD and reinstall win 10. How can I active it?

Raptor1812, Dec 27, 2018
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

1 of my laptop has win 7, but not ufei so the key is not in the bios, but I did use the internet after I upgraded to win 10, so it's safe for me to just wipe and reinstall win 10 with win 7 key?

seems like my win 8 machine will be fine with the ufei thing.

JebusPrime, Dec 27, 2018
  4. WIN 10 activation after reinstalling

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 activation after reinstalling

1. WIN 10 activation after reinstalling - Similar Threads - activation reinstalling

2. I have reinstalled windows but did't check what email my windows activation was linked to

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have reinstalled windows but did't check what email my windows activation was linked to: I probably made it for that dumb menu you cannot skip when your connected to the internet while installing windows.So now i have no idea what email that was and that was like 3-4 years ago and never bothered to check what email it was.What can i do now?...
  3. Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008: I recently bought a new mini-PC with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed on an OEM license. Unfortunately I accidentally wiped the hard drive. I have now reinstalled windows using USB boot version, but when I try to activate Windows I get the following message.We can't activate...
  4. Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation - cannot activate after clear reinstall 0xC004C008: I recently bought a new mini-PC with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed on an OEM license. Unfortunately I accidentally wiped the hard drive. I have now reinstalled windows using USB boot version, but when I try to activate Windows I get the following message.We can't activate...
  5. Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation: Hello,My system was running win 11 pro OS. After re-installation the OS is not upgrading to Pro from home. The system originally was shipped with win 10 home OS, later upgraded to Win 10 Pro.On entering the license key the error saying"It looks like the hardware on the device...
  6. Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation

Win 11 pro not activating after reinstallation: Hello,My system was running win 11 pro OS. After re-installation the OS is not upgrading to Pro from home. The system originally was shipped with win 10 home OS, later upgraded to Win 10 Pro.On entering the license key the error saying"It looks like the hardware on the device...
  7. windows activation gone after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation gone after windows reinstall: Hi everyone. I just now reinstalled windows and even though everywhere online it was said i wouldn't lose my activation, i did lose my activation. When i open the troubleshooter and look at paired devices, i don't even see my old Windows install on the list! even with show...
  8. windows activation gone after windows reinstall

windows activation gone after windows reinstall: Hi everyone. I just now reinstalled windows and even though everywhere online it was said i wouldn't lose my activation, i did lose my activation. When i open the troubleshooter and look at paired devices, i don't even see my old Windows install on the list! even with show...
  9. Reinstall windows and activate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows and activate?: Hi, I've bought a laptop a few years back. It had win 7/8 or something installed on it. Can't remember exactly. But I've never received a win dvd or activation code or anything. Now the windows is updated to win 11. Which I don't mind. But I've noticed that I'm having...
  10. Reinstall windows and activate?

Reinstall windows and activate?: Hi, I've bought a laptop a few years back. It had win 7/8 or something installed on it. Can't remember exactly. But I've never received a win dvd or activation code or anything. Now the windows is updated to win 11. Which I don't mind. But I've noticed that I'm having...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 activation not linked after reinstalling win