Windows 10: Win 10 Activation Issue and Misconfigured Device Specs

Discus and support Win 10 Activation Issue and Misconfigured Device Specs in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, So I have a couple issues...I think it has something to do with my hard drive being moved from one PC to another. The current device I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KariLiz2, Mar 31, 2021.

1. KariLiz2 Win User

Win 10 Activation Issue and Misconfigured Device Specs

Hi Everyone,

So I have a couple issues...I think it has something to do with my hard drive being moved from one PC to another. The current device I'm on says I have an inactive version of Windows 10 Enterprise, but it should be Windows 10 Home. I never purchased Enterprise. In addition, 2 devices are on my Microsoft account with the same name but the device/hardware specs are switched. In the System Info on the device I'm signed into now says Windows 10 Enterprise, while my Microsoft account says Windows 10 Home, and vice versa. I'm not sure how to fix this but I am trying to activate WIndows on this device. I receive error code 0xC004F211 and am told after clicking "I changed my hardware recently" that a device linked to my account can't be found for reactivating the device I'm using now and to make sure I'm signed into the same account linked to the digital license.

Let me know if you need any other specifics. Please help!

:)

KariLiz2, Mar 31, 2021

2. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 31, 2021
  3. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Mar 31, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Mobile hotspot, Win 10

Looks like the issue that you have might be caused by a misconfiguration. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried performing the steps on the article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10?

John Fer, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 Activation Issue and Misconfigured Device Specs - Similar Threads - Activation Issue Misconfigured

2. Win 10 activation issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation issues: Greetings all. About 2 and a half years ago I bought win10pro from the Microsoft store. That was linked to my Microsoft account it seems. Recently, my computer was damaged and I had to replace it. I have built a new PC and now am unable to activate this new pc using my MS...
  3. Win 10 activation issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 activation issues: Greetings all. About 2 and a half years ago I bought win10pro from the Microsoft store. That was linked to my Microsoft account it seems. Recently, my computer was damaged and I had to replace it. I have built a new PC and now am unable to activate this new pc using my MS...
  4. Win 10 activation issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Pro Activation Issues

Win 10 Pro Activation Issues: My OH bought a new Dell OptiPlex in late January, runningWin 10 Pro. It was delivered early in February and all seemed fine. Then, itneeded a new motherboard. This was at the end of February. All was running perfectly until yesterday morning, when Windows10 Pro let us know...
  6. Win 10 Activation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Activation issue: I originally upgraded for free from windows 7 to 10. I have recently built a new PC under the impression that my product key was linked to my Microsoft account due to the free upgrade from 7. I cannot get windows 10 to activate and I no longer have the originally key from...
  7. Win 10 Best Min Specs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Best Min Specs?: Hi! As a tech newbie, it looks as though I'm gonna be forced to upgrade my ancient Sony Vaio laptop AGAIN from Win 7 Pro to latest OS 10 just to access most often used apps like Office 2019, et. seq. Per MS, all specs below exceed min Sys Requirements for Win 10. But I'm a...
  8. will win 10 work in the following specs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will win 10 work in the following specs?: I have a pentium dual core e5300 and g31m es2l motherboard. also i have 2gb ddr2 ram. I have dx 11 . can this run windows 10 pro or windows 10 home. If so will it be faster that windows 7 ultimate....
  9. USB COMPOSITE MISCONFIGURED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB COMPOSITE MISCONFIGURED: I am getting this error message when ever I run my dell support assistance.... I need some help on this one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-composite-misconfigured/dac68f68-23c1-4ec5-8df8-22ed9f10b653
  10. Windows 10 activated on image on different spec PC?

Windows 10 activated on image on different spec PC?: I hope the activation experts here can shed some light on something I inadvertantly experienced over the weekend. I have two systems; a Win 10 Pro laptop (which I believe has the product key embedded into the UEFI bios - confirmed by Powershell command?) and a standard...