Windows 10: Win 10 activation - no product key

Discus and support Win 10 activation - no product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Trying to activate win10 after M'board change but it won't work as it cannot find product key; I took the free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 so don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BobHayne, Jan 9, 2020.

1. BobHayne Win User

Win 10 activation - no product key

Trying to activate win10 after M'board change but it won't work as it cannot find product key; I took the free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 so don't have a key - how can I Activate Windows? Thanks!

:)

BobHayne, Jan 9, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    How to get product key of old OS (Win 7) after upgrading to Win 10?

OK guys, this will take time, encoding in process but after that I need to do some basic editing and add explaining titles before I can post the video:

Win 10 activation - no product key [​IMG]

The process as I did it:

• Install Windows 8.1 Pro on a new machine, activate with a valid product key which had never been used before. A totally virgin key. Activation OK
    • Reinstall 8.1 Pro on same machine wiping the HDD, use the same key to activate. Activation OK
    • Reinstall 8.1 Pro on a new machine, use the same key to activate. Activation OK
    • Upgrade the last install to Windows 10. Windows 10 activation OK
    • Reinstall 8.1 Pro on a new machine trying to use the same retail product key, resulting this:

Win 10 activation - no product key [​IMG]

Kari, Jan 9, 2020
  4. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 activation - no product key - Similar Threads - activation product key

2. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  3. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 product key: I have an HP laptop, I have installed Linux Ubuntu for the final year Engineering project, and a few days ago GRUB menu is corrupted, then Linux got corrupted, and now Windows too, so the question is can I extract the product key without accessing the windows. There are some...
  4. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 product key: Why we able to find win 10 product key with cmd and this is legally true https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-product-key/87359acb-6006-4ad0-a1aa-165b130dec91
  6. Activation of my win 10 pro by product key

Activation of my win 10 pro by product key: How do I get a product key on line to activate my Win 10 pro trial version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-my-win-10-pro-by-product-key/63be0279-065e-4baf-bcb2-28d9f6389fde
  7. Can’t activate win 10 with original product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t activate win 10 with original product key: I updated my girlfriends old laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and now it tells me to activate windows, but when i try to use the old key printed on the bottom of the laptop it just gives me a error message. Could the key be to old? submitted by /u/Frozen-bones [link]...
  8. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  9. Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key

Re-Activating Win 10 Product Key: Hello... Yes my Question is... Recently I had to change my Main/Mother Board... after hooking up & reconnecting everything... loading new board drivers etc... windows then said my Product key was no good along with i would need to reactivate it... So I went to settings......
  10. Product key for Win 10

Product key for Win 10: I converted from Windows 7 to the free version of Windows 10 home. Can I get a product key for Windows 10? Replacing a drive and I need to do a cold start on it. Old drive won't clone to new one....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 activation no key

2. no product key win10