Windows 10: Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change

Discus and support Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have just replaced ONLY the motherboard of my system (Win 10 Pro 1809) and could not activate with error code 0xC004F213. I have already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Raymond2103, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change

Hi,

I have just replaced ONLY the motherboard of my system (Win 10 Pro 1809) and could not activate with error code 0xC004F213. I have already linked my Microsoft account with the activation status showing "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" before the motherboard change. So, after motherboard change, I tried to reactivate and click on the troubleshoot option. It didn't give me the option to say that I have made a hardware change. Instead, it only showed "Troubleshooting has completed". Can you please advise how I can get the system to let me choose the option of hardware change inside troubleshoot?

Thanks very much.

Raymond

:)

Raymond2103, Jul 5, 2019

2. win 10 motherboard change, reactivating windows

Hi Famie,

If you are planning to change your motherboard, you will still be able to activate your Windows 10. In Windows 10 version 1607, there is a feature that you can link your Microsoft account to Windows 10 digital license on your device.
    This can help you reactivate Windows using the Activation troubleshooter if you make a significant hardware change later, such as replacing the motherboard.

That being said, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article
    to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Liam Ryan Win User
    win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change

win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change, I had it linked to my microsoft account before the change, it has a digital licence as it was an upgrade from 8.1

Liam Ryan, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change

Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change

1. Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change - Similar Threads - activation problem motherboard

2. Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.: The short version is: I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro from online free upgrade years ago. I don't have a product key. I just changed motherboards old one died and tried to reactivate windows via the Troubleshooter/Hardware change. It asks me for my Microsoft password,...
  3. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change: I have had windows 10 all my life and had no issues. But as soon as I swapped to a new motherboard, I now see the Activate Windows option in the bottom right. I have tried methods like Registry Editor and Command Prompt and they didn't work. My computer is the exact same as...
  4. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change: I have had windows 10 all my life and had no issues. But as soon as I swapped to a new motherboard, I now see the Activate Windows option in the bottom right. I have tried methods like Registry Editor and Command Prompt and they didn't work. My computer is the exact same as...
  5. Problem with Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. WIN 10 Activation after motherboard change due to failure.

WIN 10 Activation after motherboard change due to failure.: Last year I upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10 free upgrade. I still have original enuine copy of Win 8. On upgrading I did receive a digital licence. Now after changing my motherboard when I try and activate it won't allow me to. As all my software is legal and above board I do...
  7. ACTIVATING WIN 10 AFTER MOTHERBOARD CHANGE

ACTIVATING WIN 10 AFTER MOTHERBOARD CHANGE: Had to change out my motherboard and CPU and now trying to activate Win 10 but not able to do so !!! Have a 'Digital Licence' received after upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 during the free offer. Have tried the troubleshooter - this just goes in circles and tells me to try later -...
  8. Windows 10 activation problems after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 activation problems after motherboard change: So basically I have talked to Microsoft twice. A while ago my hard drive broke and my cousin bought Windows 8.1 for me and gave a new hard drive with windows 8.1 on it. Eventually I upgraded to Windows 10. Recently I changed my motherboard and processor. Now I can't activate...
  9. win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change

win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change: win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change, I had it linked to my microsoft account before the change, it has a digital licence as it was an upgrade from 8.1...
  10. Win 10 activation after changing motherboard

Win 10 activation after changing motherboard: Dear Manager, I just replaced a motherboard of the same brand. I activated Win 10 on the old motherboard with FPP USB version, and then I sent that motherboard to its A/S. Finally I received a new one. So, I am not able to access my old motherboard any more. Could you...