Windows 10: Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence

Discus and support Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, i am planning to do a clean installation of Windows 10 and activate it with the key from the COA sticker on the same pc which is currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Warum, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Warum Win User

Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence

Hello, i am planning to do a clean installation of Windows 10 and activate it with the key from the COA sticker on the same pc which is currently running OEM Windows 7 Home Premium.

As i understand it, the iso/esd created by the media creation tool contains both Win 10 Home and Pro and will install and activate Home if I enter that key.

My question is, in order for the activation to work, does the new installation have to have the same architecture and language as the one the Win 7 key is for?

Also, i don't suppose it would activate Windows 10 Home N, would it?

:)

Warum, Dec 6, 2015

2. Windwos 10 Clean Install Activation

Hi friends,

I have recently upgraded my windows 7 professional licence to windows 10 pro. How ever it seems some what slower and buggy. so i just need to do a clean installation to my computer and i have downed the win 10 ISO.

The question is if i do the clean installation with the ISO how do i do the activation to 10 pro. Because i don't have the Licence key for Win 10 but for win 7?

If i use the Win 7 Key is it get activated or not?

Or else if i use a tool like "Magical jell bean" to grab the key from windows 10 upgrade, is it gonna work when activating the win 10 clean installation?

Please help me on this I really really wanna do a clean installation and the activation asap.

Thanks.

Mithun Fernando

mithunfernando, Dec 6, 2015
  3. how to activate my win 10 pro because it says i only have home licence

I upgraded from win 7 with genuine product code to win 10

it seems I have win 10 pro so cant activate because Microsoft say I only have licence for home addition

how can I fix it

trevorbeddowes, Dec 6, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

RE : My question is, in order for the activation to work, does the new installation have to have the same architecture and language as the one the Win 7 key is for?

Answer : Yes. It's a must.

Your Win 7 is a Home Premium version, so your upgrade has to be........
    Windows 10 Home.
    Same bit version
    Same language.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Almost correct, does NOT have to be same bit, can be 32 OR 64 Everything else is correct....*Smile

OldMike65, Dec 6, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    Really ?
    I did not know that.
    Thank you.

P.S. Tried to give you rep point but was told to give it to someone else first, but I thought I did give rep point to another member after you. Oh well.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    RIght, the Product Key works for either 32-bit or 64-bit. My experience is that the free Win10 Upgrade will work only with the installed version, either 32-bit or 64-bit. A clean install should allow changing that.

Berton, Dec 6, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

I have a Dell laptop 32-bit with a 64-bit processor. Don't know how but that's how it was sold to me by Dell.

Does that mean I can download a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro from MCT and install over the current 32-bit Windows 10 Pro ?

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Oh, it is applicable only on Clean Install but not in-place upgrade install.
    Do I understand correctly ?

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    That's a good question, I know it will work on clean install, not sure about in-place upgrade thou. You could look at some of Brinks Tutorials to find the answer.

OldMike65, Dec 6, 2015
  11. cfourkays Win User
    Make sure you have the latest Build 10586-1511.
    I just did a clean new hard drive install from Windows 10 Home 64 to Windows 10 Home 64.
    You can use the Key right off the COA sticked to activate.
    I also tried to skip the activation till it was installed and that didn't work.
    You put the key in at that first instance and continue along.
    After the final boot, you'll see its activated.
    Also with this build, when you go to install, it gives you the option of Home or Pro. I'm not sure you can upgrade a version. I stuck with from Home to Home.
    Pete

cfourkays, Dec 6, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    No in place upgrade. Clean install only.

NavyLCDR, Dec 6, 2015
  13. lx07 Win User

And if you clean install 10 home you can change language as well. The 7 home key will be accepted.

14. OldMike65 Win User
    Thanks NavyLCDR as I wasn't completely sure.

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Activation with Win 7 licence - Similar Threads - Activation licence

2. Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...: My computer originally running a Windows 10 Ver. But about last year I got notification that my device was qualified to upgrade for Windows 11. it's been a year i'm using this system, and recently my system keeps asking me to activate my product manually and I alway do...
  3. Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows on my device because it says that i don't have valid digital licence...: My computer originally running a Windows 10 Ver. But about last year I got notification that my device was qualified to upgrade for Windows 11. it's been a year i'm using this system, and recently my system keeps asking me to activate my product manually and I alway do...
  4. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...: my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but same account can't active my laptop what's the sollution?...
  5. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...: my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but same account can't active my laptop what's the sollution?...
  6. my dextop pc windows is activated with a digital licence linked my microsoft account but...

7. How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...: I purchased a full Win 11 Pro licence from the MS.com.au website and used the product key to activate a VM, which was successful and I could see the VM appear in Devices in my account. I then accidentally deleted the VM, removed it from the Device listing in my account and I...
  8. How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...

How can I track licences purchased, activated and yet to be activated in personal Microsoft...: I purchased a full Win 11 Pro licence from the MS.com.au website and used the product key to activate a VM, which was successful and I could see the VM appear in Devices in my account. I then accidentally deleted the VM, removed it from the Device listing in my account and I...
  9. Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence: How do i activate Windows 11 on a new build PC from an old digital licence? It was a full retail licence that i linked to my microsoft account. The old PC is long since dead. I tried running the activation troubleshooter and the old PC name showed up, so I selected it but it...
  10. Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence

Activation of windows 11 on a new build from old digital licence: How do i activate Windows 11 on a new build PC from an old digital licence? It was a full retail licence that i linked to my microsoft account. The old PC is long since dead. I tried running the activation troubleshooter and the old PC name showed up, so I selected it but it...