Windows 10: Win 10 Activation?

Discus and support Win 10 Activation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just installed 10 using a oem dvd with a valid key. It never asked for the key & it shows active with digital license. How can this be possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kevinBore, Jan 2, 2020.

1. kevinBore Win User

Win 10 Activation?

I just installed 10 using a oem dvd with a valid key. It never asked for the key & it shows active with digital license. How can this be possible?

:)

kevinBore, Jan 2, 2020

2. ACTIVATION WIN 10

Hi,

You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate
    Windows 10 Home or
    Windows 10 Pro. Activation in Windows 10 will depend on how you got your copy of Windows.
    To find the activation method that works with your copy of Windows, kindly refer to this

Microsoft article

Check out this
    link
    for a list of activation error codes and the suggested steps to troubleshoot it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jan 2, 2020
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 2, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Win 10 Activation?

Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Activation?

1. Win 10 Activation? - Similar Threads - Activation

2. Windows 10 won't activate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't activate?: Hey so I just purchased windows10/11 from the Microsoft store and now I'm getting a message saying something has happened and we couldn't make your copy of windows genuine. Also on my activate windows tab I'm getting a message that says windows reported that the hardware of...
  3. Windows 10 won't activate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't activate?: Hey so I just purchased windows10/11 from the Microsoft store and now I'm getting a message saying something has happened and we couldn't make your copy of windows genuine. Also on my activate windows tab I'm getting a message that says windows reported that the hardware of...
  4. Windows 10 won't activate?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  6. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  7. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  8. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  9. Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation: Hello Microsoft Community Members,I'm worried about suspicious keylogger software in my PC. I don't know my PC really has keylogger or not but I don't feel safe about it. I just want to factory reset my PC with reinstalling Windows 11 Pro. I know how to reset my PC but just...
  10. Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation

Windows 11 Factory Reset Activation: Hello Microsoft Community Members,I'm worried about suspicious keylogger software in my PC. I don't know my PC really has keylogger or not but I don't feel safe about it. I just want to factory reset my PC with reinstalling Windows 11 Pro. I know how to reset my PC but just...