Windows 10: Win 10 Admin account Unable to merge Reg file "Error accessing the registry"

Discus and support Win 10 Admin account Unable to merge Reg file "Error accessing the registry" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 I have two accounts on my fresh install of Win 10. 1. user 2. the Administrator. I am trying to merg a .reg file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Event2020, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Event2020 Win User

Win 10 Admin account Unable to merge Reg file "Error accessing the registry"

Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2

I have two accounts on my fresh install of Win 10. 1. user 2. the Administrator.

I am trying to merg a .reg file that I created based on a microsoft webpage that explains how to remove unwanted apps and prvent them from being re-installed during a windows update.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...agement/remove-provisioned-apps-during-update

I carefully followed the instructions to the letter and after writing the code in a text file I saved it and changed the extention to .reg.

This is the code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.GetHelp_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.Getstarted_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.Messaging_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.Microsoft3DViewer_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\Deprovisioned\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe]

I place the .reg file in the hd root C: and right click run as admin I also tried by double clicking and I get the error:

"Cannot import C:\RemoveApps.reg: Error accessing the registry"

Normally I have no issue merging reg files in my normal user account!

I have tried merging this one in my normal user account, then in the Administrator account, I booted to safe mode with scripting and again tried my user account and the Administrator account but it just results in the same error.

Nothing I have found online so far has been able to help and its driving me to distraction.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

Event2020, Nov 28, 2020
  2. jeepers Win User

Merging .reg files as standard user

I want to add run as admin to the context menu to be able to merge a couple of .reg files into the registry when i right click on them, i downloaded Brinks 2 reg files to do this but they require admin privleges *Mad and run as admin does not show up in the context menu when i click on them. Its there when i click on .exe programs.
    Thanks

jeepers, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Jedigal Win User

Unable to access Admin account.

Firs I am in my 70s, I was fine with win 7. I no longer can access administrator anything. I can a picture but no powers. I have searched the internet but no suggestions seem to work. I want to access the hidden admin and active but non of the directions
    work and I get error messages.

Original title: Win 10 Administrator

Jedigal, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Admin account Unable to merge Reg file "Error accessing the registry" - Similar Threads - Admin account Unable

2. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  3. No Admin access on admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin access on admin account: On my home PC I can no longer do basic things like extract files, open task manager, power down or restart my pc because it says it has been disabled by an admin and requires administrator to do it. The only user on my pc has administrator privileges I've even checked in the...
  4. Cannot access Admin account on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Admin account on Win 11: Hi, I set up my home surface on Win 11 with an admin email account that was a gmail account. However I have subsequently migrated this gmail email account to a MS small business office 365 account. The result is when I try to access the admin account on my home Win 11 machine...
  5. Cannot access Admin account on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access Admin account on Win 11: Hi, I set up my home surface on Win 11 with an admin email account that was a gmail account. However I have subsequently migrated this gmail email account to a MS small business office 365 account. The result is when I try to access the admin account on my home Win 11 machine...
  6. Unable to access admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access admin account: In 2016 we purchased a laptop for our daughter and she set up the admin account and the backup account. She doesn't remember the PW to the admin acct, the back up account was deleted by me for parental reasons and every single attempt I've tried to regain access to my OWN...
  7. reg save -> ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value Registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reg save -> ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value Registry: I would like to save/backup all registry entries that accumulate over a while in a certain part of the registry. Ultimately, I would to have that done more or less automatically with a batch file triggered by the Task Scheduler So far I have tried in the command window which...
  8. Modifying Registry with "reg" file

in Windows 10 Support
    Modifying Registry with "reg" file: I exported a HKCU key and saved it as a reg file. I now want to import it to another HDD. Prior to doing this I noticed the properties list in the Receiving system: 1) Contains the same list of items BUT 2) Are in a different order than the exported file. What to confirm...
  9. .reg file error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .reg file error: Hi,I tried to change windows 10 font style by running a reg file- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe...
  10. Merging .reg files as standard user

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging .reg files as standard user: I want to add run as admin to the context menu to be able to merge a couple of .reg files into the registry when i right click on them, i downloaded Brinks 2 reg files to do this but they require admin privleges *Mad and run as admin does not show up in the context menu when...