Windows 10: Win 10 Adobe icon is allways black on desktop

Discus and support Win 10 Adobe icon is allways black on desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, a few days ago I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7. All was OK, so far. I have an Adobe file in my desktop. But the icon showed is allways black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pileva2, Oct 28, 2015.

1. pileva2 Win User

Win 10 Adobe icon is allways black on desktop

Hi, a few days ago I installed Windows 10 from Windows 7. All was OK, so far.
    I have an Adobe file in my desktop. But the icon showed is allways black (no thumbnail) since Windows 10. (see image attached) So I clean both icon and thumbnail caches, and increase the Max Icons Cache for Explorer to 4096.
    But without succes.
    After rebooting Windows 10 the right thumbnail is shown, but after few minutes the thumnail is black again.
    Please Help.
    I use a Laptop COMPAQ CQ58, 32-Bit Windows 10 Pro, 4GB RAM

:)

pileva2, Oct 28, 2015
  2. sasebo99 Win User

Pdf files show as black icons on my desktop.

After having installed Windows 10 Upgrade my .pdf file icons on my desktop appear black. When i first boot the machine, the .pdf files appear okay. However, within 1 second after boot is complete the icons turn black. This only affects the .pdf files.
    I have Adobe Reader XI Veer. 11.101.2 installed on my machine.

sasebo99, Oct 28, 2015
  3. WinSnowOz Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi, trying to help my dad. He was running Win 7 and upgraded to Win 10 a few days ago. Now Win 10 progresses to the lock screen with no probs, but after logging in the desktop enters a never ending loop of a screen that flashes from the desktop background
    to black around three times with the spinning circle wait symbol. No desktop icons work, including Start. Ctrl Alt Del works. Any thoughts?

WinSnowOz, Oct 28, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Sometimes this has to do with the graphics drivers. Make sure the chipset and the graphics drivers are updated.

spapakons, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Win 10 Adobe icon is allways black on desktop - Similar Threads - Adobe icon allways

2. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons move on Win 10: I have several desktop icons about 4 that keep moving on my desktop. Auto arrange icons is unchecked and aligned to grid is checked. What else could be the issue? Thank you...
  3. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons move on Win 10: I have several desktop icons about 4 that keep moving on my desktop. Auto arrange icons is unchecked and aligned to grid is checked. What else could be the issue? Thank you...
  4. Desktop icons move on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Black desktop Icons: Been fighting this problem for a while now and tried everything I could find. Today I came here and found a file to restore the shortcut icon arrow and now all is fine, so far. My question is who at MS thought that a shortcut arrow was a good idea? Also, has anybody tried to...
  6. Desktop icons in win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in win 10: Hello community. Wondering why half of my desktop icons have the new " Edge " green & blue swirl in place of the programs icon? Also how can I change them? Thanks for any help, Dave 150973
  7. Adobe pdf desktop icons

Adobe pdf desktop icons: I noticed several days ago, that all of my Adobe PDF icons on the desktop now have a read border. Any ideas as to cause, or cure, would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-pdf-desktop-icons/f0a898b7-1845-47cd-97e0-f722aab4e189
  8. Adobe Icon

Adobe Icon: The icon now showing on all my PDF's is now a white rectangle outlined in red with the Adobe symbol in red in the middle and the letters PDF below. I have tried changing the icon via the shortcut under Adobe properties. The icon to select looks like what I want...box...
  9. Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black: All of my desktop shortcut icons have turned black. I first deleted my Explorer thumbnail cache and then my icon cache. I did not get the icons back to normal until after I deleted the icon cache. But after I shut down and restarted the black icons were back. I went...
  10. Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Desktop Icons: How can Microsoft be informed that its Customers are not pleased to have Windows Updates upset Desktop Icons, when Updating. I had a major Update yesterday ( 1703 OS Build 15063.296) and today I find all of my Desktop Icons (100) mixed up everywhere, which is not only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adobe icons black windows 10