Windows 10: Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area

Discus and support Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This problem has only appeared recently. I have only a single monitor. After waking up from sleep mode the background appears to be the extended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rick_265, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Rick_265 Win User

Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area

This problem has only appeared recently.

I have only a single monitor. After waking up from sleep mode the background appears to be the extended area. The task bar displays "Start, Search, Cortana, Task View, 'Fixed' Apps, Running Apps and Clock". If you push the mouse off left, it is possible to grab a desktop icon if you are lucky. Opening the Displays page is no good as it appears off screen, so the only option to get the main screen back is to Restart.

I can't pin this down to a particular time but certainly post the 1909 upgrade and probably after Christmas. This is only happening on this machine Dell i531 Mirage and nVidia GF 8300 GS drivers

:)

Rick_265, Jan 19, 2020

2. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jan 19, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area

notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area

1. Win 10 after waking up from sleep display shows the extended area - Similar Threads - waking sleep display

2. Solution for the Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Solution for the Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep problem: Hi, I noticed a lot of problems about Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep mode without solutions only talking about power mode, drivers etc...I just want to tell you the problem might come from "Device Security", "Isolation Core - Activated". Once I activated it,...
  3. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  4. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  5. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  6. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  7. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  8. external display slow to wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    external display slow to wake up after sleep: I use windows10, 64 bits last version. After a windows update my Dell laptop had the following problem: the external display does not wake up instantly as the laptop display does. The longer the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up. A windows technician repaired this...
  9. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  10. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes: I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch...