Windows 10: Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise

Discus and support Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I haven`t made any changes ..so probably a Windows update...previously with any running programs I could left click the icon in the taskbar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CuFc 1960, Oct 31, 2016.

1. CuFc 1960 Win User

Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise

Hi

I haven`t made any changes ..so probably a Windows update...previously with any running programs I could left click the icon in the taskbar and it would maximise and minimise...not now...also I can`t right click on desktop?? I also notice when I click on start I have these 3 `new` icons on top left of desktop...exted..pinned tiles..all apps...I never saw this before and it`s not on any of my other Win 10 pc`s (none of which have the issues described) Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks

:)

CuFc 1960, Oct 31, 2016

2. Windows Apps name and controls upper right missing

When I open a windows app that is installed via windows 10, the name of the window is missing along with the icons for minimise, maximise and the X to close the window on the upper right of the window. However, these do appear on all windows for programs
    installed but not for any apps.

Graham Ackrill, Oct 31, 2016
  3. J. B.M Win User
    WINDOW EXPLORER not opening / maximising in WINDOW 10

You have used the same Shortcut for Maximise and Minimise! Up arrow + Windows key is Maximise!

I have the properties set in the Task Bar shortcut for Maximised and it don't work! Nor does Windows key + E. and the same with any other method of opening the FE.

When I first open the File Explorer I need to maximise it and then close it to be able to have a Maximised FE until I next restart Windows 10 Pro. This applies to all methods of opening FE, so repeat for each method which is a RRPA.

An RRPA (Right Royal Pain in the ****)

*All spelling anglicised. Funny Win Answers insists on American spell corrections but recognises an Anglo Saxon word for a our personal refuse disposal orifice!

J. B.M, Oct 31, 2016
  4. CuFc 1960 Win User

One of the teenagers had set to tablet mode!!!!

CuFc 1960, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise - Similar Threads - sudden open programs

2. battery won"t charge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery won"t charge: Lap top has been sitting a while and not used. When get got it out and started to charge everything seemed fine. However, I was hooked up to the charging cable. When I shut down the computer and later tried to turn on, there was no charge on lap top. I'm not sure what to...
  3. Size of close, Minimise and Maximise buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Size of close, Minimise and Maximise buttons: Hi all, I have recently downloaded Windows 10 and was wondering if there was a way to reduce the size of the Close, Minimise and restore buttons at the top of each of my windows? Thanks...
  4. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator: Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates. When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened...
  5. programs are not maximising

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs are not maximising: I have pinned some programs to my Windows 10 taskbar. I do not have any problems with almost all these programs except for Steam because I cannot maximize it. What is the fix? Do I have to reinstall it?...
  6. iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro: Hi People , Iv,e exhausted my troubleshooting skills with this issue . Problem : No iPhone will connect to my Alienware 13 running windows 10 pro version 1703 build 15063.138 . There are 3 USB 3.0 ports , One on left Two on right . When I connect to one on left...
  7. Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximise/Minimising windows is not working.: Hi all, I have a problem with my Win10 laptop and the best way to describe it (i think!), is that the minimise/maximising of windows is not behaving as expected. For example: sometimes I am unable to maximise a window properly, it seems to maximise, but not come to the...
  8. Unable to minimise a maximised window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to minimise a maximised window: So previously with the Snap Assist I was able to hold left click the toolbar as a maximised window and drag it down to minimise it, but now I can only maximise a minimised window like Google Chrome, why has this happened and how can I get this to work again? Edit:...
  9. Explorer Windows all open as Maximised

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Windows all open as Maximised: I have a tablet pc which I run NOT in tablet mode, but as a regular desktop pc. When I open an Explorer window (from the shortcut on the taskbar or by WinKey+E on the (soft) keyboard), it always opens it maximised. I can subsequently restore it down to a better size, but...
  10. Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Minimise/Maximise Animations: Hey guys, Something really weird is happening ever since I upgraded (which is a few days ago). Every window, if opened brand new, minimises with the correct animation (the window would fade and minimise to its button on the taskbar). But if I maximise it, the animation...