Windows 10: Win 10 and DVD problem

Discus and support Win 10 and DVD problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a win 10 Desktop. (Intel NUC). I have attached an external DVD player using usb. It shows up in Device Mgr and says it is working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TxPres, Sep 8, 2018.

1. TxPres Win User

Win 10 and DVD problem

I have a win 10 Desktop. (Intel NUC). I have attached an external DVD player using usb.

It shows up in Device Mgr and says it is working fine.

However, I can not get it to play a DVD. I even bought the DVD player app from Microsoft ($14.95) but still can't get it to play a DVD.

I have the computer updated using MS Update. It says I have the latest drivers for the DVD drive.

Sure would like to get this working.

:)

TxPres, Sep 8, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Win 10 and DVD problem

dvd missing in win 10

Hello Eddie,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Refer to the below steps for you to help ascertain the exact issue in this situation.

Step 1

Open the Disk Management Console to find out if the drive has no drive letters assigned to it, as a result of which it is not detected. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the Windows Start Button.
    • Select Disk Management from the User Menu.
    • Check for the DVD drives.
    • Assign a drive letter for the DVD drive if it is not assigned any.
    Step 2

Check if the DVD drive is detected from the
    Device Manager and check if there is a yellow triangle next to it. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on the Windows Start Button.
    • Select Device Manager from the User Menu.
    Step 3

Check if the drive detected properly if you restart the computer ion Safe Mode.

Safe Mode With Networking:

Follow the steps to boot to Safe mode with networking:

• Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

• In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

• Click the ‘Boot’ tab.

• Under ‘Boot Options’, select the ‘Safe Boot’ option.

• Choose the type of safe mode by selecting one of the options below the Safe boot check box: Select ‘Network’.

• Click OK and then restart your PC.
    Step 4

Access the BIOS of the computer and check if the DVD drive is detected. If it doesn't, then Windows will not be able to detect the same.

Note: Refer to the manufacturer's manual and check for further information on how to access BIOS settings.

As a troubleshooting step, I would suggest you to follow these steps to deploy the
    Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Hardware and Device
    option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Additionally, also refer to the below link on
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060

Note: Also applies to Windows 10

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 and DVD problem

1. Win 10 and DVD problem - Similar Threads - DVD problem

2. I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...: I was in a hurry when I made the purchase and didn't notice. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-laptop-and-along-with-the-laptop/d6b76f8a-1428-46d8-9cf7-b858dd22c6c2
  3. I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just bought a laptop and along with the laptop Windows 11 on DVD. The problem is that I...: I was in a hurry when I made the purchase and didn't notice. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-laptop-and-along-with-the-laptop/d6b76f8a-1428-46d8-9cf7-b858dd22c6c2
  4. Problem with DVD /CD Player

Problem with DVD /CD Player: Using windows 10. When I try to open cd or dvd discs on my PC I keep getting the message - Please insert a Disc into Drive E Occasionally it opens a few DVDs but not always. How can I resolve this matter....
  5. Problem with DVD /CD Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DVD /CD Player: Using windows 10. When I try to open cd or dvd discs on my PC I keep getting the message - Please insert a Disc into Drive E Occasionally it opens a few DVDs but not always. How can I resolve this matter....
  6. Problem with DVD /CD Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  8. I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.

I have a problem with DVD drive. it doesn't read our CDs.: Hi. I insert my CD but the DVD drive doesn't read it. I try different CDs but it doesn't work at all. It likes I didn't insert the CD but I actually did it!...
  9. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  10. dvd drive configuration problems

dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...