Windows 10: Win 10 and Edge Sync settings non-functional

Discus and support Win 10 and Edge Sync settings non-functional in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On a fresh installed system, I am having problems getting Win10 and Edge to sync with my other PCs. I first became aware of the problem when I observed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by idigweeds, Jan 13, 2019.

1. idigweeds Win User

Win 10 and Edge Sync settings non-functional

On a fresh installed system, I am having problems getting Win10 and Edge to sync with my other PCs. I first became aware of the problem when I observed that Edge favorites were not syncing. Hadn't yet with this install in fact. I checked to make sure the proper setting was checked in Edge, and it was. I Googled it and found this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026735/microsoft-edge-sync-favorites-and-reading-list

It told me that Windows sync also had to be set for Edge sync to work. So I opened the appropriate settings window, and it just sat there for several minutes with the gear symbol displayed and then CTD'd. So I'm stuck with no way to change the setting, whatever it may be.

:)

idigweeds, Jan 13, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Non functioning Microsoft Edge

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Run the
      Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
    • Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
      Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
      sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • If Microsoft Edge only crashes after some time has passed, try deleting cached data and files. In Microsoft Edge, select the “” icon in the top right corner and chooseSettings.
      Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear
      and thencached data and files.
    • Reset the browser settings by going to Control Panel >Internet Options >
      Advanced > Reset. Then reboot Windows.
    • Check for updates for Microsoft Edge within
      Settings
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Win 10 and Edge Sync settings non-functional

Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud.
    Also, Ive noticed that I don't have an option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings. Internet Explorer used to be listed there and Syncing could be turned on and off with a toggle.
    There are times when cloud data corruption can mess up Syncing your favorites lists in Edge and Internet Explorer (duplicate entries etc) so you would need to stop them automatically syncing back to your account by disabling Syncing initially while you sorted your favorites out and turning syncing back on again.
    How do you do that firstly in the Edge browser and also in Internet Exporer if required?

sportsfan148, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 and Edge Sync settings non-functional

1. Win 10 and Edge Sync settings non-functional - Similar Threads - Edge Sync settings

2. how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive?: how to locate sync settings on Win 10 for Onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-locate-sync-settings-on-win-10-for-onedrive/3ebcfc38-05e7-41f7-b962-7bdfa72a4b37
  3. Non functioning microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non functioning microphone: microphone is not working. video recording is working without audio. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-microphone/b60c63ed-8832-4a9a-9fde-8da4c83a72cf
  4. Non functioning of "settings" after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non functioning of "settings" after Windows 10 update: After installing the latest update of Windows 10, 'Settings" in my HP 430 laptop is not responding. Please suggest remedial measure to be adopted to solve this problem. Since settings is not responding, I am not in a position to try trouble shooting, restoring to previous...
  5. Non Functioning webcam

Non Functioning webcam: I have a Packard Bell TJ64 laptop which I bought in 2010. When I try to open the webcam it gives the error code 0xA00F4244camera not attached. It is not listed in the Device Manager. According to the Program List it is a Chicory version 1.7.82.1209. The Chicory website...
  6. USB non-functional after initial Win 10 boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB non-functional after initial Win 10 boot: I have been wrestling with this problem for the last month. I have: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard (v1.0) 16 GB RAM EVGA NVidia GT 1030 Video card. 1 TB SSD (Crucial) 1 TB WD hard drive Originally this box was running Win 7 Ultimate. When I first tried to upgrade...
  7. Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out

Sync Settings & Settings in Edge are greyed out: I bought (Jan 2019) a demo machine at Costco. It has Win 10 v 1809 on it. I cannot save any favorites in Edge and settings is greyed out. When I looked at sync your settings, there is a message saying "some settings are managed by your organization" - I have looked at many...
  8. How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?

How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?: I tried but failed to sync Microsoft Edge setting on my both laptops - Surface pro 3 and Surface pro 6. I went into my Microsoft account and found that my both computers are doing great, the sync function is enabled on both devices. However my Surface pro 6 does not show my...
  9. Troubleshooter non-functional

Troubleshooter non-functional: I just tried to run my troubleshooter, however says try again later. This is the first time I have ever seen this. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/troubleshooter-non-functional/8756885e-989a-46f3-87b5-9c8170ef89dc
  10. AutoPlay non-functional in Win 10 Pro

AutoPlay non-functional in Win 10 Pro: Windows 10 PRO. AutoPlay isn't working in Windows 10. The SETTINGS|DEVICES menu has it turned ON. In Control Panel, it's turned on and configured to PLAY a CD. It's not disabled in the Group Policy editor. Neither of the two optical drives (a CD and DVD) will auto play...