Windows 10: Win 10 and email attachments

Discus and support Win 10 and email attachments in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Like everyone else, I upgraded to Win 10. When I open email attachments using Outlook 2013 or the Outlook App, I cannot open them even if there are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by islandson1959, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Win 10 and email attachments

Like everyone else, I upgraded to Win 10.

When I open email attachments using Outlook 2013 or the Outlook App, I cannot open them even if there are .docx files.

Specifically, when I click once on the attachment I get " this file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it"

When I double click on the attachment I get routed to the Word 2013 client on my desktop that says "Word experienced and error in opening this file..."

Very odd, used to work before WIn 10 now it doesn't.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

PS the only way I am able to work around this is to save the file and then open it as a document in Word 2013.

:)

islandson1959, Aug 11, 2015

2. Email Attachments not showing in Windows 10

win 10 email( not outlook) attachments to email are downloading on other devices( ie Android) perfectly well but emails received with an attachment on my win 10 pc are showing no sign of the attachment

BernardLedwith, Aug 11, 2015
  3. HGJ
    hgj Win User
    Win 10 mobile - sharing image via email - automatic resize?

Hi,

there seems to be a change between win phone 8 and win 10 mobile. When attaching image in wp8 it would resize it for me to lower resolution, whereas in win 10 mobile it simply attaches the file in native resolution. For email, this is suboptimal since the
    file size it typically several megabytes and therefore inappropriate for email. Is there any way in win 10 mobile how to resize the image when sharing it?

Thema:

Win 10 and email attachments

1. Win 10 and email attachments - Similar Threads - email attachments

2. My phone number is attached to someone else's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone number is attached to someone else's email: I've always used my email address to log in and create accounts for student computers. Today I used my phone number and it came up with a whole other name. How do i disconnect my phone number from someone else's account?...
  3. My phone number is attached to someone else's email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone number is attached to someone else's email: I've always used my email address to log in and create accounts for student computers. Today I used my phone number and it came up with a whole other name. How do i disconnect my phone number from someone else's account?...
  4. Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails: I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old laptop, and can no longer attach folders in gmail, outlook or yahoo mail. I can only attach items in the folder individually. I tried restarting and cleaning out unwanted emails. I also have transferred file folders onto a external hard drive...
  5. Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails

Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails: I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old laptop, and can no longer attach folders in gmail, outlook or yahoo mail. I can only attach items in the folder individually. I tried restarting and cleaning out unwanted emails. I also have transferred file folders onto a external hard drive...
  6. Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails: I am having difficulty for days now not being able to open word documents, pdf documents, scanning a document and not being able to save the document and sometimes it will not allow me to attached documents to an email. Everything is up to date on my computers....
  7. Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails

Documents not opening, scanning taking forever to load, not able to attach documents to emails: I am having difficulty for days now not being able to open word documents, pdf documents, scanning a document and not being able to save the document and sometimes it will not allow me to attached documents to an email. Everything is up to date on my computers....
  8. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  9. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  10. Yahoo email not giving "my computer" menu when attaching files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo email not giving "my computer" menu when attaching files.: Utilizing Chrome, when wanting to attach a file to a yahoo email, the My computer options don't appear when utilizing the find files from my computer option. It was there before now it doesn't appear. How can I get the "my computer" options back?...