Windows 10: Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox

Discus and support Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; (This may be a repeat of a question I posted early this morning but I can't find any trace of the question I thought was posted!) I have two laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joe McGuire, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox

(This may be a repeat of a question I posted early this morning but I can't find any trace of the question I thought was posted!)

I have two laptop computers, one running Win 7 which I use when not traveling, and one that runs Win 10 when I am on the road. Yesterday night at around 11:30 p.m. I composed an email with a Word 2010 attachment (and bcc to me) on the Win 10 machine using the email program that came with the computer. I am not sure this program even has a name beyond "mail." I was highly annoyed as I watched the email sitting in the Outbox (and posted the aforementioned post that I can't seem to find). Around 2:00 a.m. I called it quits figuring that in the morning I would bypass the Win 10 email program altogether, and transfer the email attachment to my reliable Win 7 machine with a thumb drive and send the email with Outlook 2010. As I started to do so I realized that, indeed, I had already received the email bcc with attachment that had languished in the Outbox. I checked the Win 10 email program and was surprised to see that the email I had composed and "sent" (that is, I clicked on Send) finally got sent at 3:11 a.m.

What's the problem with this Win 10 software? (Or do we now call programs "apps"?) Actually this is not the first time I have had this trouble. Some months ago while I was on the road I used the Win 10 computer and the Windows 10 email program to send an important email to a client while I was attached to a WiFi network. I was accustomed to Outlook's prompt handling of emails--both retrieving incoming mail and promptly sending outgoing email. I "sent" the email and about a half hour later left for the airport. A day or two later I heard from my upset client that he never got the email. I checked my Win 10 machine and its mail program and there it was: still sitting in the Outbox. Software programs that take hours to what Outlook 2010 does in seconds when you hit Send are simply unsuitable for business use. Or frankly, even for occasional personal use.

I would like to know what the problem is? I have spent years relying on Windows 7 and Outlook 2010 (and its predecessors) with nary a problem. Can anybody explain the nature of this "Outbox" problem? I plan to remove this troublesome email program and install a copy of my Outlook 2010.

Thanks!

:)

Joe McGuire, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Barbara I Win User

Outbox not sending mail

I did find the outbox. It went to the top of the list. However, I still can't send mail. Any suggestions?

Thanks, I appreciate your replies.

Barbara I, Nov 25, 2019
  3. E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010)

At work, I am trying to send some e-mails in Outlook 2010 but they're getting stuck in the Outbox folder (and the recipients are not receiving them).

Outlook shows:

Outbox [4]

When I open the Outbox folder, no e-mails are inside.

The Outbox folder shows, "There are no items to show in this view."

Any ideas?

King Mustard, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox

Windows Mail: Mail to be Sent is stuck in Outbox--cannot send. Not Vista

Hi,

This issue might occur due to incorrect email settings. We can try to isolate the issue by simply removing the account and adding it back. Other users who were having the same issue found out that removing the email that got stuck in the Outbox resolves
    the issue. Here's how:

• Disable your network connection.
    • Open the Mail app and go to the Outbox.
    • Click the delete icon in the top right for each stuck mail item.
    • Enable your connection again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox

1. Win 10 and Mail Software--Mail stuck in Outbox - Similar Threads - Mail Software Mail

2. WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX: Hello,I am using LENOVO Ideapad 3 for about 2 years. I have used the mail app that came with the laptop which was working well.. I am using 2 email account one personal, one school email from the mail app. However, recently, I realised that my school email is unable to send...
  3. WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP - STUDENT EMAIL STUCK IN OUTBOX: Hello,I am using LENOVO Ideapad 3 for about 2 years. I have used the mail app that came with the laptop which was working well.. I am using 2 email account one personal, one school email from the mail app. However, recently, I realised that my school email is unable to send...
  4. Mail getting stuck in outbox not server config or attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail getting stuck in outbox not server config or attachments: Using Windows mail on a new Asus gaming laptop. Mail has been getting stuck in the outbox and not sending at all.I've noticed it only seems to happen when replying "All" to an email with multiple recipients. Whilst composing the email, Mail will generate a "draft" email for...
  5. Mail getting stuck in outbox not server config or attachments

Mail getting stuck in outbox not server config or attachments: Using Windows mail on a new Asus gaming laptop. Mail has been getting stuck in the outbox and not sending at all.I've noticed it only seems to happen when replying "All" to an email with multiple recipients. Whilst composing the email, Mail will generate a "draft" email for...
  6. Mail stuck in outbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail stuck in outbox: Hi! I am using Microsoft Mail Version 16005.14326.20858.0 and my outgoing messages keep getting stuck in the Outbox and numerous blank draft message pile up. Any suggestions?...
  7. Mail stuck in outbox

Mail stuck in outbox: Hi! I am using Microsoft Mail Version 16005.14326.20858.0 and my outgoing messages keep getting stuck in the Outbox and numerous blank draft message pile up. Any suggestions?...
  8. mail is getting sent to outbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mail is getting sent to outbox: my emails are going to my outbox and staying there. I have deleted them and all new ones are sent there. Plus i am not receivng any new emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-is-getting-sent-to-outbox/c7ad0c4e-aedb-4697-b5c0-d43c7257e892
  9. mail is getting sent to outbox

mail is getting sent to outbox: my emails are going to my outbox and staying there. I have deleted them and all new ones are sent there. Plus i am not receivng any new emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-is-getting-sent-to-outbox/c7ad0c4e-aedb-4697-b5c0-d43c7257e892
  10. Emails stuck in Outbox of Mail app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Emails stuck in Outbox of Mail app on Windows 10: [ATTACH]You have multiple email accounts set up in the Mail app on Windows 10 […] This article Emails stuck in Outbox of Mail app on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to find the outbox in windows 10

2. windows 10 email stuck in outbox

3. windows 10 mail app sent mails remain in outbox only using pop3 account

4. two emails currently sitting in the Outbox,
  5. my emails are sitting in my outbox in windows 10,
  6. windowsmail outbox,
  7. windows 10 mail in outbox