Windows 10: win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7

Discus and support win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What is going on with these latest win 10 updates? First it was my laptop, now its my desktop. It seems that win 10 is making older systems experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nkqx57a, Nov 26, 2019.

1. nkqx57a Win User

win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7

What is going on with these latest win 10 updates? First it was my laptop, now its my desktop. It seems that win 10 is making older systems experience various problems. Drivers are getting code 12; because they need updating for win 10. Because of this I have had to go back to win 7. It seems that upgrading to win 10 was a mistake.

:)

nkqx57a, Nov 26, 2019
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Nov 26, 2019
  3. CliveBiss Win User
    Win 10 upgrade on a Win 7 and Win 8.1 multi boot system

I have a system that multi boots into win 7 or win 8.1. Why ? Well win 7 is 32 bit and win 8.1 is 64 bit and I was going to slowly set up the 8.1 system to mirror the programs on the 32 bit Win 7 install as there is no automatic 32 to 64 bit migration path.
    Both have genuine Win 7 and Win 8.1 licences. I delayed the 8.1 upgrade as Win 10 was coming.

Can I upgrade the Win 8.1 install to win 10 and keep the multi boot options as Win 7 and Win 10 or will the win 10 upgrade kill the current multi boot configuration.

Any advice appreciated

CliveBiss, Nov 26, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7 - Similar Threads - older systems upgrading

2. Move from Win 7 to Win 10, installation on older PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move from Win 7 to Win 10, installation on older PC.: Hello, it is good idea now move from Win 7 to Win 10? I have heard that Win 10 21H2 will be last build before Win 11, so make sense wait until it come? I dont want reinstall my OS every 6 months, that is why i stuck on Win 7. There is no hurry for me leave Win 7, i only move...
  3. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  4. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  5. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  6. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  7. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  8. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  9. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  10. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50