Windows 10: win 10 and this new digital license thing

Discus and support win 10 and this new digital license thing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I just built a machine today, it was/is a Win 10 Enterprise box. I have a Win 10 CD and a PID. I made the PC, Im in as a local user in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davecason, Jan 17, 2021.

1. davecason Win User

win 10 and this new digital license thing

Hi Folks,

I just built a machine today, it was/is a Win 10 Enterprise box. I have a Win 10 CD and a PID.
    I made the PC, Im in as a local user in an old-timey account and got it going as usual.

At one point during the setup MS was asking me to join the herd and use a Microsoft login instead, yea no!
    Its now 5 hours later .

I was just letting it do some updates and oh look, now my machine is giving me a cute little picture and
    inspirational slogan on the splash screen and now demanding that, yes David, do what youre told and
    login with your Microsoft account NOT the local Admin account you created 4 hours ago.

My admin login no longer works and now I have a choice of Windows Hello which Ive never even heard of
    and its all so telling me to carry on and setup a PIN again which I said get bent to during the setup 4 hours
    ago.

If I unplug it I can login as the local admin . Do any of you know how to get the mothership out of my PC?

Please just give me a straight answer, if its NO you can't, you must join us and drink the kool-aid. Fine,
    just be honest with the answer and I'll toss it all and start over.

I can go back to my computer the old-timey way and use the computer that I own and paid for with my own
    money and also use that "software license" that I also own and paid for with my cash and use the thing how
    I want to?

Cheers
    Dave

:)

davecason, Jan 17, 2021

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2021
  4. win 10 and this new digital license thing

Win 10 digital license on a new PC

Hi,

digital license is valid only for same hardware and it is not a license at all.

Unfortunately your Windows 10 license is base on OEM license and inherit the impossibility to transfer it to a new computer.

So you need to buy a new license.

Igor Leyko, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

win 10 and this new digital license thing

1. win 10 and this new digital license thing - Similar Threads - digital license thing

2. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  3. Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?: Hello,I am planning to upgrade my Win 10 Pro machine to Win 11 Pro. I currently have a digital license.If, say six month from now, I decided I was not a fan of Win 11 and wanted to go back to Win 10, would that be possible? If I fully formatted my machine, and installed a...
  4. Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade >>> What happens to digital license?: Hello,I am planning to upgrade my Win 10 Pro machine to Win 11 Pro. I currently have a digital license.If, say six month from now, I decided I was not a fan of Win 11 and wanted to go back to Win 10, would that be possible? If I fully formatted my machine, and installed a...
  5. Transferring Digital License to New PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Digital License to New PC: I want to transfer a retail digital license for Windows 10 Home Edition, purchased online, from my Lenovo desktop, which stopped working, to a new Dell desktop. I have tried all of the suggestions and MS Support, but I can't get through to talk to an actual person. I am...
  6. Transferring Digital License to a new PC

Transferring Digital License to a new PC: Hello, I am soon going to sell my PC and build a new one, but I'd like to transfer my digital license over to the new PC that I am going to build. I would also like to point out that my digital license is already linked to my Microsoft account. I need a explanation on how to...
  7. About purchasing digital license win 10

About purchasing digital license win 10: Hello, I want to ask if I decide to buy a digital windows 10 license, can I use it to activate my current version of windows and then link it to my Microsoft account and in the future when I decide to upgrade my pclike change every hardware part I then can install windows,...
  8. Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?

Is it possible to transfer Win 10 digital license to new selfbuilt system?: Hello there! I have a system with Win 10pro installed with a digital license. I plan on upgrading system with new mobo/cpu/ram. Current mobo/cpu/ram would go to trash as I have no use for them. I would be using the same ssd as C:\ By what I have read online it seems I...
  9. Windows digital license on new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows digital license on new PC: Hello. I had a Windows 8 laptop and when Windows 10 came out, I updated for free which means I got a digital activation license for my Microsoft Account. After I got a PC though, I cannot use that license. Is this how it works or am I running into a problem?...
  10. Digital License transfer to a new pc

Digital License transfer to a new pc: Greetings, I want to transfer my Windows 10 digital license to a new laptop which has shipped with pre-installed MS DOS. My old laptop had shipped with pre-installed Windows 8.1 which I upgraded to Windows 10 Home (single language) using the free offer available during that...