Windows 10: WIN 10 and wifi printer

Discus and support WIN 10 and wifi printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased a new Canon wifi printer (TS6220). I used the disk to to bring it on my home network. My 10 year old win 7 HP desktop found it , My ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WBTX33, Jun 19, 2019.

1. WBTX33 Win User

WIN 10 and wifi printer

I purchased a new Canon wifi printer (TS6220). I used the disk to to bring it on my home network. My 10 year old win 7 HP desktop found it , My ASUS Desktop found it, My iphone found it.... test page printed out for all.... sharing set up for all. Typed in my modem password for access to my Dell laptop and it could not recognize it no matter what I tried. Printed out my network config page to insure correct position and ipaddress but no luck. Is it win 10 or maybe my new computer....I'm stumped.Tried disk. tried to input manual , tried to let computer program find it all came back as cannot communicate.

Any help will be appreciated

.Thank you

:)

WBTX33, Jun 19, 2019

2. Canon printer wifi trouble

yeah printers can be a bitch.i dont know if your on windows, or linux, or what else, but win 10 has many issues regarding printers, IME.
    A printer SHOULD be able to go into off mode, and Still be accessed by the devices that try to send print jobs to it, mine did on win7, but its been a pain in the ass since the windows 10 "downgrade".
    I recommend usb connecting if at all possible, it was the only way i got my HP to act "right", i tried wifi, usb to the the router, and finally usb to my main PC, the latter was the only permanent solution.the former being just a waste of time.

good luck, and welcome to TPU, please fill out your "system specs", to further assist others in the future by saving time by avoiding questions.

jboydgolfer, Jun 26, 2019
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jun 26, 2019
  4. WIN 10 and wifi printer

Canon printer wifi trouble

Set a static IP on the printer else each time it switches off and on may get different ip which may not function correctly
    Try
    Delete the Printer after setting static ip

Devices and printer
    >add printer
    >>Add local printer (not network even though on wifi)
    >>>Create new port - click standard Tcp/Ip
    >>>>enter ip address of printer that set before and any port name
    Select the printer driver from list

Try a test print to see if working then switch off and on and see if come back online

*66725-afb6e8cc8e67e4bb805a02c99165c983.jpg*

*66726-229a91b0c79f6b4bc0c7c78a49560e3f.jpg*
    *66727-318c2547253e90800c3d464fca382dbe.jpg*

If still stays offline ,Open printer in Devices and printer
    Click printer
    untick use offline
    turn printer off and On
    *66728-2b757782bdfeb90ce43b66b06f017701.jpg*

See if comes back online

Network Printer can either be set by Ip address or Printer network name
    Static ip always the best to set

SnakeDoctor, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

WIN 10 and wifi printer

1. WIN 10 and wifi printer - Similar Threads - wifi printer

2. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer supports wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  3. How can I remove a wifi direct printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove a wifi direct printer?: My printer support wifi direct connection, so I tried to connect to my printer via wifi direct. It has been added in the list settings->Bluetooth & devices -> Printers & scanners, but it's been marked with a message ,'Driver is unavailable', and it doesn't work. So, I just...
  4. Connect +44-292-128-0336 hp envy printer to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect +44-292-128-0336 hp envy printer to wifi: Activate the HP printer:Make sure the light is on for your HP printer.How to Get to the Control PanelOpen your HP printer's control panel by navigating to it. Depending on the model, this panel's location may change. For detailed instructions, see the manual that came with...
  5. Connect +44-292-128-0336 hp envy printer to wifi

Connect +44-292-128-0336 hp envy printer to wifi: Activate the HP printer:Make sure the light is on for your HP printer.How to Get to the Control PanelOpen your HP printer's control panel by navigating to it. Depending on the model, this panel's location may change. For detailed instructions, see the manual that came with...
  6. Connect +44-292-128-0336 hp envy printer to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 8889666O97 Brother Printer WiFi Setup Essential Guide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8889666O97 Brother Printer WiFi Setup Essential Guide: Setting up your Brother printer for Wi-Fi is essential for wireless printing from multiple devices. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the Brother printer Wi-Fi setup process, covering both Windows and Mac operating systems.Brother Printer Wi-Fi Setup: WindowsStep...
  8. 8889666O97 Brother Printer WiFi Setup Essential Guide

8889666O97 Brother Printer WiFi Setup Essential Guide: Setting up your Brother printer for Wi-Fi is essential for wireless printing from multiple devices. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the Brother printer Wi-Fi setup process, covering both Windows and Mac operating systems.Brother Printer Wi-Fi Setup: WindowsStep...
  9. 8889666O97 Brother Printer WiFi Setup Essential Guide

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. I need to download Yahoo & install my Epson wifi printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to download Yahoo & install my Epson wifi printer: I need to download Yahoo & install my Epson wifi printer. Where do I go to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-download-yahoo-install-my-epson-wifi/fbd8427b-22ed-4820-ab73-c1766088c985