Windows 10: Win 10 and Win 7 difficulties communicating on Local Network

Discus and support Win 10 and Win 7 difficulties communicating on Local Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 Win10 PC's wifi connected to a router, which also support, via Cat5, another Win10 and 2 Win7 PC. All of these PC have shared drive/folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Piperson168, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Win 10 and Win 7 difficulties communicating on Local Network

I have 3 Win10 PC's wifi connected to a router, which also support, via Cat5, another Win10 and 2 Win7 PC.

All of these PC have shared drive/folders available to all PC.

However, I am unable to have any Win10 PC see any of the other Win10 shares.

The Win10 may show up in the shared Media area, but never show shared drives.

I am not having this same problem on the Win7 PCs.

What am I missing?

:)

Piperson168, Apr 16, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Oct 1, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Win 10 and Win 7 difficulties communicating on Local Network

Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

After upgrading to Win 10 1903, I had to redo all local networking. No problem in getting my Win 10 computers to communicate with each other, but the only way I can get the Win 10 computers to access shares on my old Win 7 system is to disable IP 6 on
    the Win 10 computer (have no idea why this works). Question: Is there a way to use IP 4 on my LAN and IP 6 when I go out to the internet??

jpbmass_100, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 and Win 7 difficulties communicating on Local Network

1. Win 10 and Win 7 difficulties communicating on Local Network - Similar Threads - difficulties communicating Local

2. Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10: I have the Windows 7 home edition. by the time I changed it to Win 10 and then due a virus I formatted my disks. Right now, I want to activate the win 10 new installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/d8f511b9-2035-4fc5-aa6b-b48dfce47dcc
  3. Setting up network Win 10 with Win 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up network Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop, running Win7 Pro 64-bit and laptop running Win10 Pro 64-bit I would like to create a network between the two so they see each other via File Explorer Currently the desktop is connected to the Internet network via LAN while the laptop via WiFi They both sit...
  4. Win 7 to win 10

Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  5. Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7: After upgrading to Win 10 1903, I had to redo all local networking. No problem in getting my Win 10 computers to communicate with each other, but the only way I can get the Win 10 computers to access shares on my old Win 7 system is to disable IP 6 on the Win 10 computer...
  6. No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop

No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop: About 4 weeks ago I found I could no longer access any Win 10 folders from my Win 7 PC or Win 7 laptop. I have done the following to try to resolve this. 1) On Win 7 machines. deleted mapped drives and tried to re-map them – Failed, could not even see the Win 10 Laptop when...
  7. How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10

How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10: I had asked this question previously and received an answer which somehow got deleted from my email. So please excuse the redundancy. I would like to network two computers. One has WIN 7 and the other WIN 10. As WIN 10 no longer supports home groups, I can't get them to see...
  8. Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity

Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity: I have two desktop computers on an Ethernet Home Network. Computer 1 is a Dell Inspiron 530 (April 2009) running Windows 7, Network: L: \\INSPIRON530A Computer 2 is a Dell XPS 8920 (July 2017) running Windows 10 (build 1803), Network: L: \\DESKTOP-Q01G00A Home Networking did...
  9. Difficulty renaming Win 10 pc within wired network

Difficulty renaming Win 10 pc within wired network: I have one Win 10 workgroup PC suddenly not being recognised by the others - while being able to recognise them. The problem is that the desired network name (Network X, where X is my family.name) has disappeared. Unhelpfully the name is now Network 3 and has become Public...
  10. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...