Windows 10: Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Discus and support Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KennethG, Jul 11, 2016.

1. KennethG Win User

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets restarted, but as it gets further from the restart it seem that they lose this connection. Some computers lose it faster than others. Keep in mind all the PCs are set to never go to sleep. While a restart does seem to temporarily fix the issue someone doing that every time they need the program is very time consuming. The connection also dropped while they were using the program and it crashed which is pretty much the worst thing that could happen. We cannot seem to move just simply move the license file as we get a "cannot find server" message when that is tried. The program is GibbsCAM if anybody knows how to move those licenses. That will be my next google search. Thank you

:)

KennethG, Jul 11, 2016

2. Win 10 Homegroup compatibility with Win 7 machines

Over a month ago I put my Win 10 computer back to Win 7. I have 3 other computers ( all win 7 ) and my Win 10 cannot share files with the Win 7 computers so I rolled the Win 10 back to Win 7. I am hoping this problem is repaired soon. We share files
    and photos across our Homegroup.

webberhall, Jul 11, 2016
  3. transferring pictures

You're welcome

That was the only win-10 specific home group sharing link I could find every thing else was win-8 or win-7 related

Hopefully it will guide you to the easiest way to share files with each other

In win-7 it works very well

You can't share files that are on your Desktop though in any windows version though and Documents folder is excluded as well by default,

Picture/ Music/ Videos folders are on by default.

Although home group sharing failed for me joining a win-10 machine with an existing win-7 home group

You having 2 win-10 machines you might have better luck with it.

Cheers.

ThrashZone, Jul 11, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Really hard to read with it being one whole paragraph and not understanding what the real problem is.

bro67, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing - Similar Threads - File Sharing

2. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  3. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  4. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  5. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  6. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  7. Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?

Network LAN file sharing continually disables, how do I fix this?: Hi! Me and my brother have been experiencing issues with LAN performance, and I cannot seem to figure out the problem. We like to game, and recently we have not been able to join each other over our local network connection. I can list every option I've tried: disconnecting...
  8. how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network: how to share files and printing between win 10 pro and win 7 through same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-files-and-printing-between-win-10-pro/430c90ef-ddf3-4f65-88bb-639000867472
  9. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...
  10. When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When trying to access shared files on my private network, I receive an error saying "A...: I have a private network for my business to share files throughout our different computers. Yesterday, it worked just fine as it has for months. However, today we cannot access files on the network from any computer. On my administrator login, when I try to open a network...